CC cup jerseys

We had ours on Sunday after someone took issue with Simons fairly feeble excuses for them not being available. It was taken out of the containers at the back of the rink, wet and smelling of damp, I would imagine that's were yours is now. Nice to see another example of "the next generation Devils" not giving a toss once they have our money.
He did say they would be at the game on Sunday with certificates I believe.

Diafol

Gingers Husband said:
We had ours on Sunday after someone took issue with Simons fairly feeble excuses for them not being available. It was taken out of the containers at the back of the rink, wet and smelling of damp, I would imagine that's were yours is now. Nice to see another example of "the next generation Devils" not giving a toss once they have our money.
He did say they would be at the game on Sunday with certificates I believe.
And washed I hope.
You're not alone, I was quite peeved last week too.

My Michel stunk to high heaven... and so did the socks. Considering one of the excuses were that they were stuck in the dry cleaners, it smelled like it hadn't been washed for the whole season! YUCK!

James

Administrator
The main Devils site says the jerseys are ready for collection now from the office, or for pickup at the game sunday.

Gazza272

Devil_Bluebird said:
James said:
The main Devils site says the jerseys are ready for collection now from the office, or for pickup at the game sunday.
even the warm up jerseys?

I would assume the team need the warm up jerseys right up to the end of the season? Dont know for sure though

James

Administrator
Gazza272 said:
Devil_Bluebird said:
James said:
even the warm up jerseys?
I would assume the team need the warm up jerseys right up to the end of the season? Dont know for sure though
I wen't and picked up mine and it only appeared to be the Cup Jerseys in the office. Yes I expect they will be wearing the warmup shirts on sunday and next weekend.

James said:
Nice to see that they read the forum :lol:
I can just see it know, oh god we forgot all about them :roll:

phil PLT said:
OK I'm going in!

Offtopic

Phil PLT, I doubt very much if the club make decisions based on the posts on here. More likely similar topics are discussed in the office as everyone cares about the club and I'd imagined they have discuss similar topics!.
But I suppose as a former member of the off ice team you would know how much easier it is to be on the outside throwing stones than on the inside doing the job. That’s not “rocket science” either, is it?
You have a lot to say about the size of the team, mistakes they make and often post negatively on various threads.
I am sure you had opinions of others who did that whilst you were with the Devils. I am equally sure that the current team do as well.

Why does it always have to be so insulting though, if even one person on here is unhappy?
They, unlike previous regimes, have stayed off the inferno – with the exception of rhythm who sometimes posts about music – and that in my opinion is to their credit. We all love this site but perhaps we forget that it was created to avoid the censorship, dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech that existed on the EIHL forum - Which was operated by the everybody’s favourite uncle that you worked with at the club! I guess you know all about the club getting a hiding on the web from experience.

It looks like this to me, and forgive me for being reasonable.

It’s the end of the season. Maybe tired people make cock-ups.

Awards night is on Monday for, from what I hear an impressive audience of about 300, and no doubt needs a lot of work.

Season tickets have just been launched

Negotiations with coaches and players are taking place

The playoffs have to be prepared for

The players need to be sent home, flights booked, apartment rentals closed off

Oh, and the small matter of a new rink by next Christmas, sponsorship and anything else not listed above off the top of my head!

Not everything has gone how we wanted this year.
Most of that has been on the ice and I for one would criticise a lot of the guys wearing numbers before I criticise the guys wearing suits! Some players simply haven't delivered or lived up to their pay cheque.
That’s my opinion and you of course have yours.
I don’t however feel your delivery does anything positive for this forum, or on a wider scale the club. It just creates and propagates ill-feeling.
I have spoken to two of the club’s management this year with complaints. The situation didn’t change but I felt like I was listened to and the explanations I got were logical.
I’ve posted pretty strongly on here lately about the management, but I don’t feel every problem is shared by every person at the club, and I try to back up my comments instead of making sarcastic swipes at people as it seems you often do.

Back on topic

The jerseys were late. It’s annoying. Is it the end of the world or the sign of a group of people that have nothing else to do other than annoy the guys here ? Not in my opinion.
Certainly not worthy of some of the abuse I saw Simon take at the rink! Including language that would get you thrown out of a game if you said it to an away fan.

Enjoy the weekend!

Diafol

An Apology to Everyone in Block 4

Sorry for the Lynx Effect being somewhat lacking tonight, but I did not realise until after I put the jersey on after picking it up tonight that it still hadn't been washed :shock:

And as for the socks... :eek:

Sheincar

BrokenAngel said:
phil PLT said:
OK I'm going in!

Offtopic

Phil PLT, I doubt very much if the club make decisions based on the posts on here. More likely similar topics are discussed in the office as everyone cares about the club and I'd imagined they have discuss similar topics!.
But I suppose as a former member of the off ice team you would know how much easier it is to be on the outside throwing stones than on the inside doing the job. That’s not “rocket science” either, is it?
You have a lot to say about the size of the team, mistakes they make and often post negatively on various threads.
I am sure you had opinions of others who did that whilst you were with the Devils. I am equally sure that the current team do as well.

Why does it always have to be so insulting though, if even one person on here is unhappy?
They, unlike previous regimes, have stayed off the inferno – with the exception of rhythm who sometimes posts about music – and that in my opinion is to their credit. We all love this site but perhaps we forget that it was created to avoid the censorship, dictatorship and lack of freedom of speech that existed on the EIHL forum - Which was operated by the everybody’s favourite uncle that you worked with at the club! I guess you know all about the club getting a hiding on the web from experience.

Awards night is on Monday for, from what I hear an impressive audience of about 300, and no doubt needs a lot of work.

Oh, and the small matter of a new rink by next Christmas, sponsorship and anything else not listed above off the top of my head!

Most of that has been on the ice and I for one would criticise a lot of the guys wearing numbers before I criticise the guys wearing suits! Some players simply haven't delivered or lived up to their pay cheque.
I don’t however feel your delivery does anything positive for this forum, or on a wider scale the club. It just creates and propagates ill-feeling.
I have spoken to two of the club’s management this year with complaints. The situation didn’t change but I felt like I was listened to and the explanations I got were logical.
I’ve posted pretty strongly on here lately about the management, but I don’t feel every problem is shared by every person at the club, and I try to back up my comments instead of making sarcastic swipes at people as it seems you often do.

Back on topic

The jerseys were late. It’s annoying. Is it the end of the world or the sign of a group of people that have nothing else to do other than annoy the guys here ? Not in my opinion.
Certainly not worthy of some of the abuse I saw Simon take at the rink! Including language that would get you thrown out of a game if you said it to an away fan.

Enjoy the weekend!
On the other hand when Phil & Bill were working in the office it was basically just them & not the cast of thousands that seem to be there now, none of whom seem to be able to make any kind of decision. The more people there are the worse the organisation seems to have become. Like no programme seller last week because the club hadn't arranged cover despite having 2 weeks notice that there would be no seller. Everything seems to be someone else's responsibility.

BrokenAngel said:
Back on topic

Certainly not worthy of some of the abuse I saw Simon take at the rink! Including language that would get you thrown out of a game if you said it to an away fan.Enjoy the weekend!
The guys on the ice who haven't performed will have to look for a job elswhere though. The people in suits seem to be bulletproof, they have failed to deliver on pretty much every promise they've made this year.
The jerseys were late, it's not the end of the world I agree, the annoying thing is though, people have paid upwards of £100 for these jerseys to then be given a list of excuses why (mostly rubbish by the way) some of the shirts were then taken out of one of the containers at the back of the rink soaking wet and smelling, they had obviously been there for some time. The club knew Nottinghams cup shirts were red so could and probably should have got our shirts washed and given out in under three weeks, thats not unreasonable is it? The fact that the people who were given shirts last night which still hadn't been washed speaks volumes for the regard the club has for the fans doesn't it.
As for a new rink by next christmas, they will have to clear all those flying pigs from the bay before they start crashing into the cranes.

Foxy

and instead of critising on a public forum maybe you could have taken that to pm.

For what its worth the office was certainly run much better and was more organised when Phil and Bill were in the office. At least phone calls and emails were answered and prizes honoured without having to be constantly chased..

BrokenAngel said:
phil PLT said:
OK I'm going in!

Offtopic

Back on topic

Enjoy the weekend!

BrokenAngel said:
phil PLT said:
OK I'm going in!

Offtopic

Back on topic

Enjoy the weekend!
As you did go off topic, thought I would reply via pm ;)

Sheincar

Gingers Husband said:
BrokenAngel said:
Back on topic

Certainly not worthy of some of the abuse I saw Simon take at the rink! Including language that would get you thrown out of a game if you said it to an away fan.Enjoy the weekend!
The guys on the ice who haven't performed will have to look for a job elswhere though. The people in suits seem to be bulletproof, they have failed to deliver on pretty much every promise they've made this year.
The jerseys were late, it's not the end of the world I agree, the annoying thing is though, people have paid upwards of £100 for these jerseys to then be given a list of excuses why (mostly rubbish by the way) some of the shirts were then taken out of one of the containers at the back of the rink soaking wet and smelling, they had obviously been there for some time. The club knew Nottinghams cup shirts were red so could and probably should have got our shirts washed and given out in under three weeks, thats not unreasonable is it? The fact that the people who were given shirts last night which still hadn't been washed speaks volumes for the regard the club has for the fans doesn't it.
As for a new rink by next christmas, they will have to clear all those flying pigs from the bay before they start crashing into the cranes.
Thing is these jobs used to be done by volunteers for the love of the club whereas now it seems to done by suits for the love of the pay packet and with little or no thought for the fans.