challenge cup final second leg

Thread starter #1
nottingham panthers net minder did not play sunday night vs Hull and is rated as doubtful for Tuesday game.

He will probably play but if the devils can get amongst him quickly i believe the devils will have a chance,

come on devils

drainage

andydevils said:
nottingham panthers net minder did not play sunday night vs Hull and is rated as doubtful for Tuesday game.

He will probably play but if the devils can get amongst him quickly i believe the devils will have a chance,

come on devils
We just aint that lucky !!!!!!!

Rempel16

In all honesty, while it's good news that St. Pierre has taken a knock, I want to win the cup against the best possible opposition.

If we can go up there and bring the silver home I don't want to see the Cage forum littered with excuses about their netminder.

It's always far more gratifying to have played and beaten the best.

So here's hoping for St.Pierre to be in the cage tomorrow

Gazza272

Rempel16 said:
In all honesty, while it's good news that St. Pierre has taken a knock, I want to win the cup against the best possible opposition.

If we can go up there and bring the silver home I don't want to see the Cage forum littered with excuses about their netminder.

It's always far more gratifying to have played and beaten the best.

So here's hoping for St.Pierre to be in the cage tomorrow

It would be a sweet irony though, considering in one cup fianal a few years ago against the Steelers Nottingham won it because Jody Lehmann's wife gave birth! and they had to play against the back up netminder and scored 6 goals.

Finny

Their whole team could come down with the flu and we have to play the Under 15's for all I care. Nottingham have had enough luck in competitions in recent years. Heck - they were given enough of a helping hand by Carson in the first leg.

DevilDom

I can't believe this is nothing more than mind games by Corey.

So St Pierre doesn't play in a nothing game against the bottom of the league team 2 days before the 2nd leg of a cup final? Hell, i'd almost have been surprised if they hadn't rested some of their players.

Wannabe2

After already signing 46 imports so far this season to try to win the league, if there number 1 goalie was injured they would have a replacement in by now, even though the signing date is gone they would have given themselves special dispensation to sign a top nettie. Cut the crap panthers and get on with it.

ASHIPP

Agree with Devildom that this is Neilson playing mindgames. St. Pierre, who has been in peak fitness all season, suddenly takes a knock just before the biggest game the Panthers have played this season? ;) He's being rested for a couple of days - a luxury the Devils don't have. Imagine the pressure the Panthers must be under to win something with Hollywood stars on their roster! :lol:

jimmy snels

Finny said:
Their whole team could come down with the flu and we have to play the Under 15's for all I care. Nottingham have had enough luck in competitions in recent years. Heck - they were given enough of a helping hand by Carson in the first leg.
:lol: the way carson reffed i nearly gave birth! i actually dont care if their nettie is injured, beat whats in front of you i say.. (and if u get the chance run the back up nettie too killer!!)

Mark Thomas did apparently run him on Saturday at the NIC so maybe he did hurt him. I like the mentality of a stay at home defender on a one on one effort...'I know I can't score so I'm just going to have a shot and then forget where the brakes are.' Brilliant.

He'll still play Tuesday. Shame.

ASHIPP

The Panthers fans seem more concerned about their battle at the top of the league - let's hope their team will be thinking about that on Tuesday! :lol: Devils should really get stuck in to an early advantage whoever is in the Panthers' goal and try to catch them out when their minds are worrying about whether Coventry are going to win their remaining league games.
Neilson: 'League title or Challenge Cup?.....so much pressure' :lol:

jimmy snels

Kevin St Pierre is expected back between the pipes for the second leg of the Challenge Cup final at the TrentFM Arena tomorrow night (Tuesday)

Kevin missed the road win in Hull on Sunday which secuired a four point league weekend for the GMB Nottingham Panthers with a slight knock which led to him being rested "as much as a precaution as anything".

Two thirds of the seats for Tuesday's cup final second leg are now spoken for and the box office reported strong sales across the weekend. Fans will be able to pay on the door but the advice, as evfer, is be early.

Russky

Our already difficult task has been made much harder by the appointment of Moray Hanson to ref the game! At least its not Hicks, Darnell or Carson! My preference would have been Matt Thompson or Dean Smith!!

Finny

My preference would have been Dean Smith or.......myself.

Now there is an idea. Anyone got a good Moray Hanson mask?

Russky

Finny said:
My preference would have been Dean Smith or.......myself.

Now there is an idea. Anyone got a good Moray Hanson mask?
I did consider that option but rejected it purely on the fact that I definitely cant skate or even stand up wearing skates!

kettdevil1

The KSP story might be mind games but it will be interesting to see who the back up is on Tuesday. They don't seem to have much faith in their back up, so if it is Woolhouse backing him up then that might be a sign that there is an injury...