Challenge cup final

Devil_Abroad

We all know you live so far away judging by previous posts..and as you watch a lot of game through webcast ..is it worth asking ice ime tv if they can come up with a package for you and others in a way of a season tkt for the webcast..just a thought
That’s a great idea. Icetime.tv already have 3 options for cheaper prices which helps a lot - £2 cheaper per game if bought before the day; buy 6 for a discount; or by a whole season for a bigger discount.

I’ve been opting for the 6 and single day before as we can never tell when we’ll be visiting relatives and friends in Cardiff and get to a game instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

10 tickets!!
Why would they do that? That will upset a few more.
I think Todd realised that was a mistake when he went along the queue yesterday asking how many tickets fans planned on buying and asked us not to ‘take the piss’. I was at front of the queue and most people seemed to be buying between 2 & 4 tickets. (I bought 3) although I know one person who was there for family & friends who bought 8.

E.D.S.

The one positive from this is that you can pretty much guarantee that it won’t happen again, yes this club makes mistakes but it’s pretty damn good at making sure they don’t happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilDom

Understand the frustration of those who didn’t get a ticket but for the most part I think the club have sold them in a very fair way. The only thing I didn’t agree with was people being able to buy 10 tickets on the final release but that was probably done with best intentions to reduce the numbers having to queue up. Somr of the things being posted on here however are a tad ridiculous.

Bigger venue? Judging by numbers sold to Giants fans over 2,500 Devils fans will have tickets - our average crowd is around 3,000 so that is over 80% of our average. Last time we were in the final in Sheffield maximum of 1,500 travelled. Even if more travelled this time a circa. 3,500 crowd in a 9,500 seat arena wouldn’t create much of an atmosphere.

The computer sales ticket system may not be state of the art but for 95% of the games it works fine. Surely people can’t really expect the club to invest a fortune in a better system just for the 1 game a year when it becomes overloaded?

Finally, if I wasn’t a ST holder and was that desperate to get a ticket I would have found a way. I’d have been queuing at the rink or asking someone to go for me, or even taken time of work to get there, but that’s just me!

Tad-cu

"I wanted to give hockey a go, but apparently I'm not a big enough fan to buy a ticket."
It's not something that's done by any other sport, and there's a reason for that; it's a poor attitude to take.

Are you serious?
How did Wales allocate tickets for the Euros? Putting them on general sale or rewarding the regular fans who bought tickets for the qualifiers.
Do people who want to give rugby a go, buy tickets for a local club game or have the wild notion that they can arrange to take the wife and kids to see Wales v England?

ASHIPP

Finally, if I wasn’t a ST holder and was that desperate to get a ticket I would have found a way. I’d have been queuing at the rink or asking someone to go for me, or even taken time of work to get there
In Utopia this is a fine set of ideas. In reality, thiis would have been very difficult for some fans to organise.

Last edited:

Earnie

I wonder if we will have a Celebrity of some kind to present the Cup to the winning Captain this year? Any ideas?

I propose Simon Weston

Rob Batch

If Belfast have to play Saturday night then fly to Cardiff for the CC final then surely that is a huge Challenge. We already have home advantage.