CHL draw

Wannabe2

Under normal circumstances the CHL would hold some interest for me, not a huge amount but some. Now this may go down like a lead balloon, but the most important thing to me under these lousy times is domestic hockey. If we are lucky enough to see a season at all, then missing the CHL won’t mean nought to me. What’s your views.

moggy#9

Thread starter #42
Under normal circumstances the CHL would hold some interest for me, not a huge amount but some. Now this may go down like a lead balloon, but the most important thing to me under these lousy times is domestic hockey. If we are lucky enough to see a season at all, then missing the CHL won’t mean nought to me. What’s your views.
Under normal circumstances the CHL is one of the highlights of the year for me. An excellent standard of hockey and potentially seeing players who'll be in the NHL in a few years. This year however I'm really not expecting us to play that game. Actually, given that I'm fully expecting a second lockdown in the autumn, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see any hockey in the 20-21 season.

Ger-Devils

I would imagine that things will look better by then but it would be useful to get some guidance about away fans at some point before we book flights etc
We’ve put the info pack out on The twitter Page Devilsinchl

I’d book hotels now on cancel option and flights later.

We’ve sorted a ticket deal so we’ll be taking bookings for them soon but payment not needed for a while

BostonBart22

Shame really, the group stage was a money spinner for the club, but as it is now 2 game winner takes all and with the home leg as it stands will be behind closed doors, devils will make a loss in all this on the away leg with flights hotel etc.

osh

Shame really, the group stage was a money spinner for the club, but as it is now 2 game winner takes all and with the home leg as it stands will be behind closed doors, devils will make a loss in all this on the away leg with flights hotel etc.
Would not have thought it was a ‘money spinner’ for one minute. The expense of travel, accommodation etc etc would have far outweighed any sort of sums of money we would have received as income from home games. Many of the home games were not even really well attended I seem to remember. Where we would,have gained is to be seen in the hockey world ‘public eye’. This certainly would have assisted in recruitment as players always like to play with teams who strive to achieve honours such as our club.

Kevlar68

I think the CHL will also be taking a big hit on revenue all round. Just shirt sales alone, who would buy a CHL shirt that may be for just one knockout round?

If it was a amazing looking shirt, maybe.

Last edited:

matbur

Would be pleasantly surprised if this game even goes ahead.

They admit that the CHL isn't a money spinner and the additional financial outlay of staging a behind closed doors game makes no sense.

I'm struggling to see how they'll be able to play any practice games in preparation.