"classiest organization I played for..." Brent Walton, Twitter

Thread starter #1
Wally posted his congrats yesterday in glowing terms.

As we watch a rival organisation lurch from one disaster to another, the difference to the professionalism shown by the Devils is marked and I just wanted to add a few personal observations that echoes the 'class' that he spoke of.

Firstly, Todd. If it goes wrong, he deals with it and fronts it up. He does the right thing and no one gets thrown under the bus. The way he dealt with the SOHB was class.

Mrs Wildthing. Nothing is too much trouble and what an assett to the club. No clapbanner for a tearful child...she will find one. Lost your ticket order...she will rescue it. Anyone serious about customer service should throw money at Todd and beg to spend time shadowing her.

The owners. Others will know them better and can speak more about their passion and support but what I saw last night was very special. Even while on-ice celebrations continued, Brian Parker and Craig Shostak (sorry if I missed Steve King in the crowd) brought the trophy to the bar for the fans to celebrate with announcing "this is YOUR trophy..."

Twitter is alive with images of us all enjoying that moment or as Steve King later described " a life moment" that he made a point of thanking us all for. Well, my 7 year old nephew had the privilege of taking a selfie with the trophy and that memory will last him and our family a lifetime.

I know the season will continue to give, but last night was such a high that to say a simple thank you to Brian felt small and insufficient. To be thanked in return for my and our support was huge.

Without doubt, from top to bottom, on and off ice, Cardiff Devils are the classiest organisation.

RedDevil17

Wally was a top player when he was here. He would drop the gloves when he needed to, scored and assisted in many key games. I agree with what he said about our organisation. Top class organisation!