Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

ASHIPP

Lepine is an excellent signing for the Panthers - he was a quality defenceman the first time around in this league mixing skill and toughness. Hope several of our defence corps next season will match up to that.

OJLloyd

I know the Panthers are very excited about the return of Lepine, but the league has changed quite a bit since then.

He spent last year in the ECHL, in a pretty average team.

Whilst I would always like to welcome back a fan favourite, I feel there’s a possibility that this one may not work out quite as well as some panther’s fans are anticipating.

ASHIPP

I know the Panthers are very excited about the return of Lepine, but the league has changed quite a bit since then.

Whilst I would always like to welcome back a fan favourite, I feel there’s a possibility that this one may not work out quite as well as some panther’s fans are anticipating.
The game has changed in this league since then - but I doubt he was playing the same role at Wichita either. After moving from Binghampton (which ceased to be the AHL feeder team for the Ottawa Senators), he moved to Wichita as part of the coaching setup in addition to playing. Perhaps he decided to persue his coaching experience in the absence of a regular AHL spot.

Nonetheless, a v good defenceman in his time - doubt he will have lost those skills.

kettdevil1

Probably one of two ways, either he has matured and improved from last time (when he was a pretty good D Man, a solid fighter and a magnificent bodychecker) or he will fall into the trap that so many returnees fall into.... they are never as good second time round.

Steelers now have just 1 returning import, how unusual is that.
Was required unfortunately, poor recruitment of ageing journeyman who coasted.

Hopefully these younger lads will be out there to use the EIHL as a stepping stone for better things, then they will be needing to put in good shifts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk