Continental Cup

Devil94

Belfast draw Davos, Skelleftea from Sweden and Trinec from Czech in the CHL. Davos is a great spot to play, the other two I would be slightly disappointed with if I was a Giants fan. About as hard as it gets travel wise, small towns, but very good teams.
More disappointment for Giants fans... instead of the 2 home then 2 away matches we had, they play one away then one home, then one away then one home. Fans will have to travel out to Europe for every individual game. And Skelleftea and especially Trinec are tough places to travel to.

BostonBart22

More disappointment for Giants fans... instead of the 2 home then 2 away matches we had, they play one away then one home, then one away then one home. Fans will have to travel out to Europe for every individual game. And Skelleftea and especially Trinec are tough places to travel to.
They must have agreed to it surley

Devil94

They must have agreed to it surley
There's no way they would have preferred this schedule over what we had, so I'm guessing they reluctantly agreed because they had no other option.
The international tattoo is in the Belfast arena on the first weekend, so I'm guessing arena availability was the main contributor. But it's a hell of a lot of travel and expenses early on in the season.

Devil94

They might be unknown teams to most of us but getting out of that group will be tough.
The Kazakh team came second in the whole thing last year, and they were unbeaten in their group which contained Asiago, Poprad and eventual winners Krakow.
The Latvian side were 2nd in the Latvian league last year, and probable 3rd opponents Ferencvarosi were 2nd in the Hungarian league, both leagues are a good level.
With home advantage I'd ay we have a decent chance but it gonna be tough.

moggy#9

I'm going to be speaking very nicely to Mrs moggy to allow me to be there for at the very least all of the devils matches. I can't wait.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #49
Just booked my travel and accommodation for the long trip from Thornhill to the Bay, bloody expensive for 2 nights :D

2 Nights in an Average looking apartment down the bay with brown sludge water view over £500 for 2 nights, last year 5 nights in an apartment with beautiful lake view in Montreux, Switzerland for Devils Lausanne game £520. How? :confused:

Last edited:

JC23

Just booked my travel and accommodation for the long trip from Thornhill to the Bay, bloody expensive for 2 nights :D

2 Nights in an Average looking apartment down the bay with brown sludge water view over £500 for 2 nights, last year 5 nights in an apartment with beautiful lake view in Montreux, Switzerland for Devils Lausanne game £520. How? :confused:
Egg chasing Kev.

Same weekend as Wales vs Georgia in the Principality.

Swarley

The brown sludge clearly went up in value lol

BostonBart22

Let’s hope we have a reasonable priced weekend ticket unlike the playoffs, we don’t want a £300 weekend ticket , £400 for kids ha ha
I I would think season tkt holders would get some sort of package, and no the devils wont go the same route as those overpriced playoff tkts , hoping devils do a season tkt package just for devils games and not the whole tournament, as some games i wouldnt benefit from ..work etc

Kevlar68

Thread starter #56
I've genuinely booked a hotel in Penarth for the weekend even though we live in Thornhill, can't be arsed going back and forth for 3 days, hotel is by Penarth train station so don't even need the car. Short walk across to Arena instead much easier.

Last edited:

NathanG

I've genuinely booked a hotel in Penarth for the weekend even though we live in Thornhill, can't be arsed going back and forth for 3 days, hotel is by Penarth train station so don't even need the car. Short walk across to Arena instead much easier.
That's a really good idea. I'm going to be traveling from Llanelli daily. May find a place to stay. Unsure yet.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #58
With mileage, petrol prices being ridiculous and just the Wales rugby traffic on the Saturday it makes sense for us for less hassle.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Thread starter #60
Does to me as i can't be arsed with hassle, i like easy going.
Driving every day to games 18 miles, commuter time traffic friday, Wales game traffic Saturday, car park madness getting out after game, petrol for each day. can't have a drink as driving.

Train costs £5.80 open return for 2 people, no travel traffic hassle, can have a drink and a hotel stay for 2 nights.
I know which i prefer.