Dease.

Discussion in 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat' started by JC23, May 5, 2018.

1. JC23

JC23 Active Member

I know I saw something on here already about Dease being released, what’s going on? Anyone know anything official?

2. JC23

JC23 Active Member

Officially? Nothing from the club saying this.

3. XemXem

XemXem New Member

Look him up on Twitter. Wearing a Giants cap.

4. JC23

JC23 Active Member

Yeah I’m aware of that, and the fact he’s also wearing a Giants jersey with Blake’s name and number too.

But again, does anyone know the OFFICIAL news?

5. Earnie

Earnie Well-Known Member

We are interested - yes.
    Not really our business. If Dease wants to say something he can do it on social media (something I don't touch) . The club is not likely to say anything.

6. Rabbitohs4

Rabbitohs4 Active Member

Hmmmm shocked at this he seemed to be a good character in the dressing room and on the bench.

Definitely interested to see what he has done.

7. JC23

JC23 Active Member

Fair point, well made, I can’t say I remember anything being officially said about a member of back room staff before, except under this organisation when Franny moved from the bench.

I’ll be gutted to see Dease leave, he’s always been more than helpful with anything needed hockey wise outside the Devils organisation.

8. Mazzoak

Mazzoak Member

Like all companies employees will like their bosses, others will not. Some may want to work like a dog for peanuts, others will love the opportunity to have the position their in and be great full. Some may have Wannabes sentiments, others not so much. Who knows and ultimately who cares, it’s between employee/employer. He isn’t the first to leave the Devils under the current owners with a story, I’m sure he’s not gonna be the last.

9. BostonBart22

BostonBart22 Active Member

Not sure whats happened with dease , but seemed a great guy to have around while he was at the devils, he may of wanted a new challenge who knows, if there is a bit of rumpus thet went on between club and dease it should stay behind closed doors imho, just move on.

10. Devil94

Devil94 Active Member

Think it’s quite obvious he’s taken some role with Belfast.
    If Craig Moore’s injury isn’t better by this season, maybe he’ll take over the role? His injury did still seem quite bad at the end of last season.

11. kingmo19.1

kingmo19.1 Active Member

I bet Craig will be delighted to read that!!! Doh!!!!!

claireydoo likes this.
  12. Devil94

Devil94 Active Member

I said if his injury isn’t better. I have no idea the extent of his injury, but at the end of the season he still wasn't walking comfortably, and that's many months after the injury happened.

And he did help out Dease with backroom stuff. Just a thought.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  13. CaldicotDevil

CaldicotDevil New Member

Struggling to see where Dease fits into Belfast Giant staff. Elite Prospects state Taffy has sign as equipment manager for the coming year, can’t imagine them getting rid of him just to bring dease in.

14. ASHIPP

ASHIPP Well-Known Member

As long as the Devils have an Equipment Manager they are happy with in place by the start of their warm-up games who cares what the other teams are up to?

Chris likes this.
  15. Paul Leah

Paul Leah New Member

Well it’s a very important role and just as important as anything else. There is a reason Belfast have kept Taff, and that Sheffield and Nottingham have kept there guys for so long. I would expect an announcement that Dease has gone for sure!! Not sure who comes in though, maybe abroad? There’s a guy in Manchester who does GB women’s (I think) although he’s a little older. Also the youngish chap in Milton Keynes was highly thought of before he took the MK role? No idea of anyone else? Any ideas?

JC23 likes this.
  16. Devil_Abroad

Devil_Abroad Well-Known Member

As the club haven’t announced anything and neither has he then we can rest assured that he hasn’t left; that’s what I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Wannabe2

Wannabe2 Well-Known Member

Dease has definately gone, why would the club announce it, it’s a internal affair and should stay internal.

18. Devil_Abroad

Devil_Abroad Well-Known Member

I agree that the reasons behind any decisions taken by a person to leave or the club to release the details are an internal affair but I see no reason why the club or person wouldn’t announce they have left either by mutual consent or to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23 likes this.
  19. CaldicotDevil

CaldicotDevil New Member

I think the club will release a statement. Dease was a big part of the Devils and he should be thanked for helping the club over a successful period. The fact nothing has been announced means there's probably some employment issue with his departure. I can see the devils announcing the new equipment manager and thanking dease in a classy devils style press release. Or we could do a Sheffield Steelers style press release. Get us to set our alarms for 4am, announcing it as big devils news and then release a statement of Deases departure with a picture of Neil Francis.

phippsy85 and Leighton like this.
  20. BostonBart22

BostonBart22 Active Member

Got a feeling any announcement will be before weekend...