Delay

matbur

Difficult circumstances and beyond their control BUT if they can't fulfil a game day roster then the fixture shouldn't be played. It really is that simple if this is a professional league with sporting integrity.

How can a professional game be taken seriously when there's such a mismatch before the puck is even dropped? This culture HAS to change.

moggy#9

Difficult circumstances and beyond their control BUT if they can't fulfil a game day roster then the fixture shouldn't be played. It really is that simple if this is a professional league with sporting integrity.

How can a professional game be taken seriously when there's such a mismatch before the puck is even dropped? This culture HAS to change.
That would come down to the congested schedule and the desperation to complete all of the matches on time. Of course, if the league had made contingency plans and hadn't scheduled so many pointless challenge cup matches...

pjj365

Why are people knocking the leauge or Flames

My understanding is that if Flames had 22 on the bench all fit and ready to play the outcome would have been the same. No kit no play

All the fault lies with airline/baggage handlers

Rempel16

My understanding is that if Flames had 22 on the bench all fit and ready to play the outcome would have been the same. No kit no play

Because they didn't have enough players to ice more than 2 lines.

fridaysfingers

Connor McDavid carries his kit as hand luggage on a plane, now that’s professional!!
EIHL could learn a thing or two from him!

Kevlar68

Connor Mcdavid most probably goes business class or private jet with the NHL millions not ryanair cheap seats.
His net worth is around $30 million.
Hand luggage on a normal flight isn't helmet, skates, pads, gloves.

Last edited:

fridaysfingers

Connor Mcdavid most probably goes business class or private jet with the NHL millions not ryanair cheap seats.
His net worth is around $30 million.
Hand luggage on a normal flight isn't helmet, skates, pads, gloves.
My god you actually took my post seriously :rolleyes:
And I think you can take the “most probably” out of your first sentence

Kevlar68

There have been crazy posts on here over the years from people being serious so yours would just go in with those other posts of ridiculousness so my reply isn't that unusual either.

Pembo

I’ll be fascinated to see the rules going into next season. I sense current rules were in place to restrict budgets to even the playing field a bit as some clubs were on the brink of going bust. This has caused some issues with short benching impacting a lot of games. The impact loss of a few players to injury is magnified due to small roster size and makes it harder for teams to rest players who are playing banged up, further increasing injury risk. The levelling of the playing field has failed as the big 3-4 have generally managed to quickly spend to bring in injury replacements, whereas other teams haven’t always been able to (presumably cost comes into this) and it further amplifies the divide leading to run away top 3 with Nottingham floating in 4th while the other teams fight for the scraps for playoff position. Belfast and Sheffield are now able to carry spares to cover injury going into playoffs, which I think makes a joke of the whole 19 player limit. EIHL is in danger of further damaging credibility & that could impact appeal of league to overseas talent in the years ahead.

Kevlar68

I think a squad budget cap is a good ruling but the roster size has to be amended.
Maybe have injury replacements ready in the way of 2 way players instead of recruiting, if a regular player is injured you can only call in a player from the 2 way contract roster, have 4 2 way players signed.
So Squad budget cap, 22 squad size and 4 2 way contracts for injuries.
I'm sure that any roster plan will be better than this seasons.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Aside from the 19 player rule, there's lots that needs reform. 2 way deals need to be sorted out so that players actually get to make the team sheet for elite league matches. Perhaps farm team arrangements rather than just two way contracts. If also say (and many are going to disagree with this) that goalies shouldn't be counted against import totals, but every team should have a goalie on a 2 way.

Mazzoak

No idea what the point of this thread is ................

matbur

You're completely missing the point, it's not about blaming the team for kit going missing.

@Pembo Completely agree with you.

kingmo19.1

Aside from the 19 player rule, there's lots that needs reform. 2 way deals need to be sorted out so that players actually get to make the team sheet for elite league matches. Perhaps farm team arrangements rather than just two way contracts. If also say (and many are going to disagree with this) that goalies shouldn't be counted against import totals, but every team should have a goalie on a 2 way.
The 2 way deal in my opinion is good as it is. Take Bayley for instance, he trains with the Devils every day but plays for Telford and gains a significant amount of icetime, thus improving him as a player.

He’ll get 20+ mins icetime per game with Telford. For Devils, he’ll get some occasional shifts - in a tight game maybe not a shift all night!

It’s a win-win-win for the Devils, the player and for Telford.

Skalde can call him up whenever he needs him.