Delay

moggy#9

The 2 way deal in my opinion is good as it is. Take Bayley for instance, he trains with the Devils every day but plays for Telford and gains a significant amount of icetime, thus improving him as a player.

He’ll get 20+ mins icetime per game with Telford. For Devils, he’ll get some occasional shifts - in a tight game maybe not a shift all night!

It’s a win-win-win for the Devils, the player and for Telford.

Skalde can call him up whenever he needs him.
Yes, but my understanding of the two way deal is that he only gets to dress for the devils if Telford aren't playing, do if we're short benched we can't call on him. In that scenario he could potentially get elite league ice time, but he's denied it.

kingmo19.1

Bit pointless for the player though if he’s only going to get 2-3 shifts per night (which hardly helps the Devils much in a 60 minute game). He’d be better off playing the 20+ mins with Telford then a few years later Devils get a far more experienced player.

If Rutkiss had stayed he’s still be getting the occasional shift but now he’s gone to Dundee (angle getting regular ice time) is flourishing.

moggy#9

Bit pointless for the player though if he’s only going to get 2-3 shifts per night (which hardly helps the Devils much in a 60 minute game). He’d be better off playing the 20+ mins with Telford then a few years later Devils get a far more experienced player.

If Rutkiss had stayed he’s still be getting the occasional shift but now he’s gone to Dundee (angle getting regular ice time) is flourishing.
I guess the key question here is whether, although more ice time is available in the national League, is the standard sufficient to properly develop a talented player to their potential. Players like duggan and Waller have reached the level they have due to playing outside the UK.

I'm not sure I have an answer to the problem. Sheffield seem to be getting a steady stream of players through. What are they going that we don't?

Mazzoak

The Brexit No Affect Syndrome will be added along with the Gatwick Drone Hoax to the list of Unexplainable Phenomena that is the human condition of being a sheep. Most interesting of all is the Seattle WindShield Pitting Epidemic of 1954.