Delayed Face Off - but Well Done!!!

Thread starter #1
Just thought I would say a big well done to the entertainment put on last night during the 2 hour delay for the face off. Bear in mind that many "off ice" personnel are there around 1.5 to 2 hours before face off, this meant generally the "off ice" team had almost 4 hours to kill and to find entertainment for the fans, without any prior warning.

Overall I thought the young skaters, the "shoot the puck" session by the Players, the movies on the Devils TV and the music played etc made the time go very quick, and it was all really enjoyable and varied - so hats off to all involved there.

Whilst I hope we don't get any delays like that in the future (cos it means I then miss my S&M session in O Neils), it is nice to know that the off ice team can conjure up something to keep us amused...

Well done... :D

It was good of them to do it but I was pretty bored and fed up towards the end, also a bit peeved that I couldnt stay till the end. Hey ho these things happen - just not too often I hope

I was very impressed with the entertainment to, the shoot out was really good fun i thought. A very good job done by the off-ice team, the only complaint i would make is that maybe they could have kept it all going a bit longer? we ended up with just the hockey clips for quite sometime which did eventually get a bit dull. But then with a 2 hour wait you cant really keep people fully entertained.

I enjoyed the players shoot out competition very much; it was good to see them get into the spirit of it. The three hours I waited were always going to be boring but I thought the off-ice team did a good job of trying to break it up a bit!! :)

Dwoods said:
Just thought I would say a big well done to the entertainment put on last night during the 2 hour delay for the face off. Bear in mind that many "off ice" personnel are there around 1.5 to 2 hours before face off, this meant generally the "off ice" team had almost 4 hours to kill and to find entertainment for the fans, without any prior warning.

Overall I thought the young skaters, the "shoot the puck" session by the Players, the movies on the Devils TV and the music played etc made the time go very quick, and it was all really enjoyable and varied - so hats off to all involved there.

Whilst I hope we don't get any delays like that in the future (cos it means I then miss my S&M session in O Neils), it is nice to know that the off ice team can conjure up something to keep us amused...

Well done... :D
Maybe a good idea would have been to let the kids have 40mins free ice time, would have saved the parents a few bob on sweets, crisps etc.

I was saying that at the rink last night - why not let people have a skate? Pay £1 for skate hire or something. They knew when the giants were getting there so they could have gotten everyone off the ice with plenty of time. Saying that though, the entertainment last night was great. Thanks to everyone who stepped up to make it happen. Lets just hope it doesnt happen again!

Diafol

buzzwagon said:
Maybe a good idea would have been to let the kids have 40mins free ice time, would have saved the parents a few bob on sweets, crisps etc.
LOL at this... Do you really think Planet Ice would pass up the chance to raid everyone's pockets ?

:lol:

drainage

but why wasnt something posted earlier on the forum ? It seems it was a flight in the morning that was cancelled so the Giants knew they had to make some contingency arrangements hours before most of us (Devils anyway) had to make way to rink.

Looking at the options they would have had I suspect they would have known by early afternoon (at the latest) what the ETA for arrival in Cardiff was - unless the flight they did get was also late ??

Not blaming the Giants for the problems with plane - simply think we could have been advised to arrive for a later face off (in my view )

or am i missing something !!!!

Finny

Surely if the Devils knew that early - they players and off-ice officials wouldn't have been there that early either?

Maybe Belfast kept it to themselves until they were about to board their plane.

drainage

Finny said:
Surely if the Devils knew that early - they players and off-ice officials wouldn't have been there that early either?

Maybe Belfast kept it to themselves until they were about to board their plane.
Thats what I meant by devils in brackets !!! agree they were hoofing around killing time .... so the question is probably why didnt Belfast say !!!!!!!