deschatelets told his contract is not being renewed.

I dont think you should dismiss Sly just because hes played in this league and for us previously, hes a top point scorer that gets the puck in the net which is what i thought we were after? so he fits the bill just as well as some of the new faces might.

I'd have sly back in a heartbeat, great player and also you know what your getting with sly, we could sign an unknown player who might turn out to be total garbage.

wildthing74 said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
wildthing74 said:
I'd have him back.Good grafter.Scored some big goals especially in the the Nottingham game.
Sorry but if he s not good enough for Thommo I wouldn t have him, we should be showing more ambition than wanting Blaze rejects
So on that logic then why would Cov sign a Devils reject 12months ago when they had won the league and we were way off the pace?
He will be more than welcome back by most Devils fans.
From what I remember of his time in Cardiff, he spent a lot of time skating circles on the blueline resulting in the puck going out of the zone and all his team mates having to exit the zone and start again. This had a tiring affect on an injury ravaged roster. Also he dosen t put himself about enough for a bloke of his size

He did decide to work his notice and fight for his place on the roster though, on the positive side

ASHIPP

From what I remember of his time in Cardiff, he spent a lot of time skating circles on the blueline resulting in the puck going out of the zone and all his team mates having to exit the zone and start again. This had a tiring affect on an injury ravaged roster. Also he dosen t put himself about enough for a bloke of his size

He did decide to work his notice and fight for his place on the roster though, on the positive side
We can probably all remember negative things that players have done...Latulippe giving away silly penalty minutes at crucial times, I even remember Tyson losing the puck whilst taking a penalty last season! :eek: These guys are skilled but not super-human! But the positive things far outway the negatives. He did have the integrity to work his notice..and fortunately, in doing so, proved his skills by changing his performance. Sly was an 87 point scorer out of 65 games last season, 13 goals were pp. These are facts that can't really be ignored - if he's available, it's possible that G is interested. Let's hope he is. :D

ASHIPP said:

We can probably all remember negative things that players have done...Latulippe giving away silly penalty minutes at crucial times, I even remember Tyson losing the puck whilst taking a penalty last season! :eek: These guys are skilled but not super-human! But the positive things far outway the negatives. He did have the integrity to work his notice..and fortunately, in doing so, proved his skills by changing his performance. Sly was an 87 point scorer out of 65 games last season, 13 goals were pp. These are facts that can't really be ignored - if he's available, it's possible that G is interested. Let's hope he is. :D
I wonder if he had not been recovering from an injury in the first part of season, if he could have broken the 100 points mark.