Devils and coach part ways

Kevin roog

Todd said in the program Saturday, we are coming back bigger and better, why didn’t he say , we are coming back looking for 3rd. Again and lower our season ticket prices

Mazzoak

According to official EIHL stats;
Carruth faced 1327shots in 41 reg season games.
Beskorawany faced 956 shots in 40 reg season games!

I think we can all agree that Beskorawany is one of the best to play in the EIHL so for Carruth to post a better SVS whilst facing 30% more rubber is outstanding!

Definitely my MVP!
That shows how poor our defence was, so so poor.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Upgrades being demanded here, there and everywhere - sounds good but let’s not forget it costs lots of £££££££

Is the club in a position to do that ????
If you scroll back a few years to the statements made by the owner group and Todd, yes. Having said that I’ve never believed a group from across the pond, who never knew we existed & have only visited a few times would spend their children's inheritance on the club unless it was financially viable. Obviously now post COVID the world has moved on and money is more of an issue, l don’t see it likely to happen for a few good seasons, if it ever was an option.

E.D.S.

If you scroll back a few years to the statements made by the owner group and Todd, yes. Having said that I’ve never believed a group from across the pond, who never knew we existed & have only visited a few times would spend their children's inheritance on the club unless it was financially viable. Obviously now post COVID the world has moved on and money is more of an issue, l don’t see it likely to happen for a few good seasons, if it ever was an option.
These guys from a hockey loving country who bought our club… gave us stability, success and changed our profile from that of a club where players were badly treated to a club that players won’t to join?! Those guys??
Who cares if they’re in it for a few quid? Who cares if they sell it tomorrow? We’ve had more success and fun times these last few years than most other clubs have in a lifetime. To continually question their integrity and motives is short sighted and just plain stupid - which appears to be the running theme with you.

Last edited:

rocketbob

These guys from a hockey loving country who bought our club… gave us stability, success and changed our profile from that of a club where players were badly treated to a club that players won’t to join?! Those guys??
Who cares if they’re in it for a few quid? Who cares if they sell it tomorrow? We’ve had more success and fun times these last few years than most other clubs have in a lifetime.
I have to say, other than if we one day got taken over by Jeff Vinik (Tampa Bay Lightning owner) I don't think we could wish for a better set of owners from any professional sports organisation that I have come across.

Mazzoak

I’m not questioning the integrity of the owners, I’m simply answering KingMo question of is the club in a position to spend. That’s all, it’s my opinion that they won’t & my reasoning for that opinion, l don’t blame them, nobody is going to invest without a possibility of return on that. I know their fans and they aren’t out to screw over anyone. If I’m wrong and it’s backed up next yr, great, every time l write I hope I’m wrong, as a ticket buying consumer & fan l benefit (as long as they don’t increase ticket prices ;) )

moggy#9

Upgrades being demanded here, there and everywhere - sounds good but let’s not forget it costs lots of £££££££

Is the club in a position to do that ????
I suppose that is a question of whether those we had this year provided value for money and what the expectations were in terms of production. Sometimes an upgrade can mean simply a player who provides the expected return on what they're paid, whereas a predecessor might not have.

terry hunt

I would keep batch , Richie and register out of the d men, upgrade the rest , sign haas with the brief, if anyone hits Waller you punch, we ain’t got anyone to look after the smaller guys
I think the offseason could bring a lot of surprises.I personally would like to keep our goalies.
The defence i wonder would we sign a Mcnulty at the start ?
Register i would like to see back and our brits.The other possibilty is does Batch want to look around.He must be at his peak now.
Louis and Mikkelson have suffered a lot of injuries.
The group Skalde brought in may have loyalty to him plus i suspect other clubs may be interested.
As far as bringing ex players back they are 2 years older now.
When i first became a season ticket the off season loss of players horrified me.
One of the original Devils supporters said to me there are lots of players out there and part of the fun is watching the Devils rebuild.

BostonBart22

I think the offseason could bring a lot of surprises.I personally would like to keep our goalies.
The defence i wonder would we sign a Mcnulty at the start ?
Register i would like to see back and our brits.The other possibilty is does Batch want to look around.He must be at his peak now.
Louis and Mikkelson have suffered a lot of injuries.
The group Skalde brought in may have loyalty to him plus i suspect other clubs may be interested.
As far as bringing ex players back they are 2 years older now.
When i first became a season ticket the off season loss of players horrified me.
One of the original Devils supporters said to me there are lots of players out there and part of the fun is watching the Devils rebuild.
Can't see batch going anywhere.he is well overdue a deserved testimonial... maybe another brit on the move , but will keep that to myself till after weekend