Devils Archive

Thread starter #1
Does anybody know if there is an archive of some sort showing jerseys from past seasons?

I'm still a relatively new devils fan and interested in looking back at previous jerseys and the history of the club

James

Administrator
I started one for the inferno and Corky sent me a bundle of graphics of past years shirts but its never got finished and is probably a few years out of date now too

moggy#9

I started one for the inferno and Corky sent me a bundle of graphics of past years shirts but its never got finished and is probably a few years out of date now too
Have you considered crowdsourcing this? Let people post images of shirts and other bits, and then have a leaderboard of contributions.

Kevlar68

I would have thought over all the seasons from the past there would be stock photos from newspaper articles, interviews etc that you could find on the interweb with a little time a patience by google search year by year from '86, that way you may get to see each jersey.
I would have thought at least once a season the Devils would have been in the Echo, Western Mail etc so there should be some evidence of the shirts worn.

moggy#9

I would have thought over all the seasons from the past there would be stock photos from newspaper articles, interviews etc that you could find on the interweb with a little time a patience by google search year by year from '86, that way you may get to see each jersey.
I would have thought at least once a season the Devils would have been in the Echo, Western Mail etc so there should be some evidence of the shirts worn.
The problem I see with that is that many of the photos were taken in black and white, and they'd potentially have copyright issues. I'm sure that those of us who have been around a while would have a range of shirts that we could take up to date photos of. I recently did just that with *some* of mine for personal use.

moggy#9

Actually, I wonder if some shirts would be difficult to track down. For instance I can't see there being too many of the infamous strawberry shirts still around.

revilo

Really interested in the idea of a jersey archive. So much so that I would be more than willing to give it a go and put it together myself. If others are happy to contribute, especiallly if some work has already been done (by James as mentioned above) then that would be great too. I’ll start looking for the best format. Nice jersey above as well, say that and was tempted myself!

revilo

Hi everyone, for those interested in a jersey archive, I have started the process and have begun building a Flickr portfolio. Once I am done collating, I may try building it into a website, although I might need to upskill my IT abilities!

Anyway, I cant get much further without the help of others. Basically I need more photos. I have trawled the web and Flickr (plus my own/daughter's jerseys) and have taken what I can (gaining permission of course). I have lots of gaps, but the biggest holes at the moment are the BT and Curran Oil years. Therefore if anyone has any of these jerseys they are willing to take a photo of then please PM me. I am ideally looking for game worn examples, but if not I will use replicas. In terms of photo format, the picture from Geth21 above is what I am after (plus a similar photo of the reverse). Also, I will need to know what year you think it is and whether it is home/road etc. Happy to also include any specials/one-offs. Before photographing, PM me what you have and I can tell you if I need it.

At some point I might also need the collective knowledge of the group if we are unsure of year etc. For example the jersey above (which I would like a photo of) I think was 1997/98 - the first year of the new logo, but the old logo on the sleeve, but it could be 1998/99?!

btw if you see a random bloke with a beard staring at you on game night, its probably me checking out your jersey!!

Hope others can help and contribute.

jenks33

Hi everyone, for those interested in a jersey archive, I have started the process and have begun building a Flickr portfolio. Once I am done collating, I may try building it into a website, although I might need to upskill my IT abilities!

Anyway, I cant get much further without the help of others. Basically I need more photos. I have trawled the web and Flickr (plus my own/daughter's jerseys) and have taken what I can (gaining permission of course). I have lots of gaps, but the biggest holes at the moment are the BT and Curran Oil years. Therefore if anyone has any of these jerseys they are willing to take a photo of then please PM me. I am ideally looking for game worn examples, but if not I will use replicas. In terms of photo format, the picture from Geth21 above is what I am after (plus a similar photo of the reverse). Also, I will need to know what year you think it is and whether it is home/road etc. Happy to also include any specials/one-offs. Before photographing, PM me what you have and I can tell you if I need it.

At some point I might also need the collective knowledge of the group if we are unsure of year etc. For example the jersey above (which I would like a photo of) I think was 1997/98 - the first year of the new logo, but the old logo on the sleeve, but it could be 1998/99?!

btw if you see a random bloke with a beard staring at you on game night, its probably me checking out your jersey!!

Hope others can help and contribute.
I might be wrong but I think we had pretty much the same jersey in 97/98 and 98/99. Shorts were definitely different though. Green in 97/98 and red in 98/99

revilo

"I might be wrong but I think we had pretty much the same jersey in 97/98 and 98/99. Shorts were definitely different though. Green in 97/98 and red in 98/99"

Think you are right on the jersey - i've got a copy of that Devils photo history book, struggling to see any difference!

revilo

Hi, just to say that my jersey archive now has 71 jerseys in it (mainly game worn with a few replicas), but would definitely like some some more to make it more complete before putting it out there. So if anyone is prepared to help please let me know (as above, especially need help with some of the older jerseys (BT, Curran Oil) - thanks

NathanG

Hi, just to say that my jersey archive now has 71 jerseys in it (mainly game worn with a few replicas), but would definitely like some some more to make it more complete before putting it out there. So if anyone is prepared to help please let me know (as above, especially need help with some of the older jerseys (BT, Curran Oil) - thanks
Thank you for taking the time to to that! I for one am really excited to see your archive.