Devils look to bring back Michel

Koop11

It would be great to have Tyler back in a Devils shirt next season. No doubt he will demand a higher wage than last year and rightly so in my opinion. Hopefully Gerad will have room within his budget to accommodate Tyler as he showed all the high earners on the team last season how to give 100% every shirt. If every player played with them commitment we would have walked all competitions last year.

ASHIPP

It's easy to see why Tylor became such a fan favorite so quickly with his style of play and commitment. And truly a gentleman off the ice. :cool: Tylor encapsulated the spirit of the Cardiff Devils. Don't think we've seen that much grit for a good few seasons!
Almost goes without saying that think most of us would be over the moon to see him back next season. If talks go well, this looks like a possibilty. :cool:

Chris

Administrator
Nope.

Because the club will bring sponsorship in from companies apparently and we can't get into a bidding war with other peoples money. I've already tried to push the idea but it's no go with the club I believe.

Chris.

ASHIPP

Chris said:
Nope.

Because the club will bring sponsorship in from companies apparently and we can't get into a bidding war with other peoples money. I've already tried to push the idea but it's no go with the club I believe.

Chris.
Chris - does this also apply to the British players? Is there any likelihood of the Inferno being able to sponsor say Ben, Alex or Jamie if they re-sign?

Chris

Administrator
As far as i'm aware, not so much. Obviously will be different for the established brits such as Lyle, Richardson and Hill but not the younger guys I believe.

Chris.

it basically means that the club is unlikely to find a sponsorship deal for a not so well known brit so they dont mind the inferno sponsoring them but it is highly unlikely the club will allow the inferno to sponsor an import.

James

Administrator
The club will let us sponsor whoever we wish if they aren't already taken and we pay the required price :) there is a scale of cost associated with sponsorship, with the top lines costing the most and the young Brits the least as you would expect. There is no reason why we couldn't sponsor Michel if he chooses to come back, but it would require 60 odd sponsors rather than the 40 for Matt Towe. There is something to be said for the Inferno sponsoring a fan favorite especially if CDSL are planning on sponsoring one of the young Brits, as they used to. We won't be making any decisions till we know the makeup of the team better, but we certainly do plan on doing something similar next year if people are up for it.

Back on topic, heartening news that Tylor may well be back. Brought in as a 3rd line grinder he was the heartbeat of the team last year and epitomises what it should be to be a Devils player.

DevilDom

Just to add my 2p worth....................

I think the Inferno would be better sponsoring a player (preferably a young brit) who would get a confidence boost from it. I thought that in the first few months of last season you could definitely see that with Towey.

For me then it would be Symonds, Davies or possibly Hayes (provided they re-sign!).