Devils qualify for next season's CHL !

Diablo3

I thought we had to win the league. Or if Belfast won the league the place would go to the playoff winners?
No, it goes to us now regardless of where we finish, 1st or 2nd. Belfast got the extra entry by getting to the final of the Continental Cup. The original place still goes to the league winners / runners up depending on who it is.

drainage

I thought we had to win the league. Or if Belfast won the league the place would go to the playoff winners?
No Belfast were given a wild card entry CHL said if Belfast win league the runners up go as well.....if they had won Conti Cup it would have been different

Samael

Third time lucky?

I still think our involvement is a waste of time and money, but may'be just may'be we'll get past the group stage this year just so we can get royally thrashed by a club from a country that takes ice hockey seriously.

Yeah, lets go devils, lets go...

fdlf666

Belfast have been given the Continental Cup placement, as the team that won had an arena that did not come up to the CHL standard.
The lowest position that Devils can finish in the EIHL is second, with the only team that can finish above them being Belfast. so Devils have already claimed the UK entry place. Check out CHL web site for confirmed entries for next seasons CHL teams.

terry hunt

Third time lucky?

I still think our involvement is a waste of time and money, but may'be just may'be we'll get past the group stage this year just so we can get royally thrashed by a club from a country that takes ice hockey seriously.

Yeah, lets go devils, lets go...
So Cardiff City should not play in the Premier league because most of the teams are better than them.
Perhaps the Wales rugby team should drop out of the World Cup as they are not good enough?

Ger-Devils

Really looking forward to this. Fingers crossed for a fan friendly draw again (i.e. somewhere lovely to go and relatively easy to get to).
Our page @devilsinchl on Twitter will have all information like previous years including group ticket bookings and maybe some tours pending who we play.

11/32 teams confirmed so far. Expect a few more this week

Samael

So Cardiff City should not play in the Premier league because most of the teams are better than them.
Perhaps the Wales rugby team should drop out of the World Cup as they are not good enough?
Apples and oranges comparison and you're asking the wrong person anyway. I have no interest in Cardiff city or Welsh rugby so l'm not on a position to answer. They have larger budgets and a much larger supporter base though and l would assume they can afford to urinate money away.

Diablo3

We may not win many games in the CHL but it does give us the chance to be pitted against the best in Europe and another reason to strengthen the roster each year. It also shows players that may have had their sights on European teams, that the EIHL is also a good league to play in. I know we have smaller budgets, but it does widen the market.

If we get a favourable draw I might even go to one of the away games :)

OJLloyd

Looking at the DEL I don't think Berlin are going to get across the line to qualify this year, unless they win the play-offs.

I'd love to go back to Switzerland again, and don't really mind where the other team are. Would be nice to be able to do the trip like last September so Central Europe would be best.

As for the value of playing in the competition - you only ever improve by playing against teams who are better than you. And that's leaving aside the draw of playing in top level competitions to players who might otherwise overlook the British league.

Also, I would strongly advise anyone who has never been to do a CHL trip. It's usually warm, there's beer, friendly faces and hockey. What's not to love?

Ger-Devils

Current teams confirmed for CHL next season

Munich -GER
Mannheim-GER
Vienna-AUS
Devils-UK
Giants-UK
Frölunda-SWE
Graz 99ers-AUS
Liberec-CZE
Zug-SWI
Bern-SWI