Devils sign 2

Rempel16

Thread starter #4
Looking deeper:

Plumton scored 17 points in 40 games in the Swedish Div 1.

In the same league, Tylor Michel got 29 points in 36 games.... So it looks like he should put up decent numbers as a d-man.

Also, 46 fights in Junior hockey suggests he's not afraid to drop the gloves if required.

Looks like a potential gem based on those stats.

Finny

Adam Ross has the typical resume I always look for. College hockey (where he was Captain) followed by two years in the ECHL which included a call-up to the AHL. I'm guessing he is coming here on a Uni-deal.

Brad Plumpton is a bid more difficult to work out as I've never heard of the CCAA, but then played last season in the Swedish 1st Division. What sort of level of hockey is that - I notice it is where Mike Danton ended up. Scored quite a few points for a defenceman too.

Both players are over 6'2 and not afraid of the rough stuff - which is probably something we lacked in Defence last season. Squad is shaping up very nicely.

DevilDom

Both players look like typical "Devils type" players on paper. Particlularly happy that both look like they won't take any bullying without being out and out fighters.

We can't afford the polished gems so we have hopefully picked up a couple of rough diamonds!

osh

So the D is nearly complete now. I would like to think that these two guys can give us the physicality we have lacked in recent seasons and play a part in forming a very good unit. Ok, not the big AHL or ex NHL players some were possibly hoping for, but if they are hungry enough I can see them staying with us when we move in to the new arena ( Dec 14 or Jan 15) I'm hoping Josh will play as the 6th D man and that Max will re sign leaving 2 more import forward slots to fill.

Have Hope#35

I really like the look of these two signings... Welcome to Cardiff both! Based on the Wales online article it appears that Marsh won't be back and that Batch will play as a Forward "Devils now have five D-men confirmed in Adams, Plumton, Ross, Mark Smith and Mark Richardson with one more to add." also "While Devils are also keen on an attack-minded D-man."

I hope Birbraer returns, then the Final D'man and Forward signed could be a tell tale sign in how we do this year... Shaping up nicely though!

Finny

Certainly sounds from that WalesOnline article that we are going with 5 import Dmen plus Richardson.

Personally, I would agree with osh that I'd like to see Batch on D and our last three imports all be forwards - but I guess that G and Franny want to build as strong as strong a defence as possible.

voth26

welcome to the devils guys im sure you will love it here, in our small rink these guys should be really effective. roll on sept

wildthing74

I like all round team toughness instead of an out and out main tough guy as if gets tossed who is there to police?We have 3 guys already who will step up if needed and will look out for their team mates.
I agree with others I would rather Batch be on D and have 6 import forwards as if we get injuries the forward lines would fast become light of depth. It's good Josh can play both but I would prefer 6 imports alongside Myers,Hill and Ben.

2 more tougher players in the league which is good to see. Devils D is looking very physical with a number of players well over 6'0'' and 2 who are going to be tougher players in the EIHL next season.

Rupe Quiney 6'6''
Adam Ross 6'4''
Josh Batch 6'4''
Brad Plumton 6'2''

add to that Andrew Lord 6'3'' , Phill Hill 6'3'', Matt Myers 6'1'', Mac Faulkner 6'1'' as forwards Devils are shaping up to be a very big team next season.

wildthing74

oneill said:
2 more tougher players in the league which is good to see. Devils D is looking very physical with a number of players well over 6'0'' and 2 who are going to be tougher players in the EIHL next season.

Rupe Quiney 6'6''
Adam Ross 6'4''
Josh Batch 6'4''
Brad Plumton 6'2''

add to that Andrew Lord 6'3'' , Phill Hill 6'3'', Matt Myers 6'1'', Mac Faulkner 6'1'' as forwards Devils are shaping up to be a very big team next season.
I like our size next year on our small pad.There will be no place to hide and I doubt teams will come looking to bully like they have in the last 2 seasons.

mazza03

And Hilly was complaining that their 6'3" club had been depleted (Twitter) got a few new members now Phil :Banana :Banana

Welcome to God's own Country

ASHIPP

It's all about balance not superstars.Think this is great! Some big guys on the team this year. Our two newest recruits look tough and can give solidity at the back. This is what we need.

Welcome to Cardiff, guys.
:D

Looks like G is looking for an import offensive defenceman plus and 2 import fowards.

Max mentioned....where is Tyson Marsh?