Devils sign Mike Mcnamee

voth26

Layne Ulmer was quality and if he has retired / gone it’s huge shoes to fill. His clutch play was massive for the Devils and also he was a winner with a winners mentality of how to get it done. It’s no coincidence across I think Italy and GB he’s won championships I think the last 9 years.

I held Ulmer’s play in high regard however when he fought Rissling after that check my respect for him sky rocketed. Not an active fighter or tough guy but you could see he was so angry at what had happened to a team mate he had to do it. Volumes to his character.

If he is retiring. Hell of a career Layne. Tip of the hat.
You can't buy the the experience Layne has at any price, he quietly goes about his game then bang it's a go ahead marker or a tying goal, I still remember his goal in the CC final in Cardiff against the Steelers, puck came one timer in the net he just stood there arms raised.

voth26

I think Mike will do ok for us, one thing we need to remember is he not the same player as who ever he's replacing!!, He'll have his own qualities and strengths and Lordo clearly thinks he can bring something to the team, according to Lordo he has a ton of speed. If Lordo thinks he's a good addition that's good enough for me welcome to Cardiff and the Devil's Mike

zoesdevil

I think Mike will do ok for us, one thing we need to remember is he not the same player as who ever he's replacing!!, He'll have his own qualities and strengths and Lordo clearly thinks he can bring something to the team, according to Lordo he has a ton of speed. If Lordo thinks he's a good addition that's good enough for me welcome to Cardiff and the Devil's Mike
Recommended by Zach Hervato too & remember the speed he had!!

Devil94

Zach Hervato also a good example of a player that came in with not a very impressive CV, much worse on paper than Micky Mac, but made a huge impression with fans and especially Lordo.

Temme

Thread starter #26
Zach Hervato also a good example of a player that came in with not a very impressive CV, much worse on paper than Micky Mac, but made a huge impression with fans and especially Lordo.
I don't think any EIHL contender would have taken a look at Hervato if it wasn't for the fact that we watched him for a year in Hull.

Signing a guy out of the French 2nd division would be unheard of really, i guess Hull either really did their homework or struck lucky.