Devils sign Mike Mcnamee

Temme

Thread starter #1

Wannabe2

Looks a very very good signing, Welcome to Cardiff Mike, you will love it here. Bit of youth, bit of size, looks a good sniper, hopefully another Gem pulled out of the hat by Lordo. Well played everyone.
Happy Hockey Days

Temme

Thread starter #5
based on the roster that iced last year, he would be our 4th shortest player and our 1st lightest.

Lordo & wannabe have both said he has good size; am i missing something?

Very happy with this signing, he looks a solid player that can produce.

Finny

His stats wouldn’t suggest he’s a top 6 forward - perhaps a replacement for Morrissette if he doesn’t return?
He's a centre so unlikely.
Martin is already re-signed and based on the podcast with Dixon he wants to come back too. Which means McNamee would be 3rd line centre replacing Ulmer.

Skimming through his career he usually seems to be his teams 2nd highest scorer. A bit more speed to the line-up is always good as is the fact he's worn the A a number of times.

It might not be the stellar CV that some who are linked to us have, but he's only 26. I like the idea of starting to add a couple of players who could play for us for 5+ years as well as a couple of veterans.

matbur

Yeah, pretty sure he'll be our 3C. Mixed feelings about him signing, good to have a new player on board and looking forward to seeing him on the ice but this is also a big indication that Ulmer, one of most reliable players in recent years, won't be returning.

I get the impression that Lord really likes this guy.

jenks33

Yeah, pretty sure he'll be our 3C. Mixed feelings about him signing, good to have a new player on board and looking forward to seeing him on the ice but this is also a big indication that Ulmer, one of most reliable players in recent years, won't be returning.

I get the impression that Lord really likes this guy.
Agree with you on this. Excited that we’ve signed a young, hungry player but it looks like he’s Layne’s replacement. Plenty of players are capable of scoring 40+ points but what I loved about players like Ulmer and Asselin is that they would turn up when it really mattered. “ Big game Layne” might be quiet for 4 or 5 games but when we played a Sheffield or a Belfast he’d score a big goal. Fingers crossed Mcnamee will do the same

Mooney#16

Layne Ulmer was quality and if he has retired / gone it’s huge shoes to fill. His clutch play was massive for the Devils and also he was a winner with a winners mentality of how to get it done. It’s no coincidence across I think Italy and GB he’s won championships I think the last 9 years.

I held Ulmer’s play in high regard however when he fought Rissling after that check my respect for him sky rocketed. Not an active fighter or tough guy but you could see he was so angry at what had happened to a team mate he had to do it. Volumes to his character.

If he is retiring. Hell of a career Layne. Tip of the hat.