Devils Sign Valdix

jenks33

Wasnt Stephen Cooper 55
Oh yeah of course he was. A bit before my time, I started watching the Devils in 96 and Stephen had moved onto Manchester by then. I’ve seen a lot of old footage of him playing for the Devils though so I should have remembered he was 55

moggy#9

My old man is a retired headteacher and he used to have Devils players visiting the school quite often. Ekroth came to the school a couple of times and he said he was great with the kids
He came across as really relaxed until one time someone got on the wrong side of him on the ice and he completely destroyed them.

I once bumped into his agent in Sweden who was a fascinating guy himself.

Wannabe2

He came across as really relaxed until one time someone got on the wrong side of him on the ice and he completely destroyed them.

I once bumped into his agent in Sweden who was a fascinating guy himself.
Spot on Ekroth didn’t get involved much, but when he did he was one tough cookie I also remember that fight in the WNIR against the boards under the camera, he battered the other player.

Pembo

Can someone (who understands it better than me) clarify something? It looks like McNally has been put on the official injured list in order to sign Valdix. Why was this needed if the 19 player limited only applied to bench size and not squad size? Thanks
Think on EIHL website regulations mean Devils doesn’t lose one of their 7 allowed roster changes for the season. They’ll have to use one of these if they want to keep both players on books for domestic game when McNally taken off IR.

drainage

Burny was never great, and he would agree with that, he would stand up for his mates but was far from tough. When it comes to a semi professional which is what he was, even Doug McEwan had another job. And Dougie was on another level to Burny.
Dougie was immense in the era he played remember him ripping us a new bum hole when he was a Lee Valley …thankfully we signed him next season !

drainage

I also still talk to Dougie, we became good friends and as Burny says he was different class on and off the ice, to watch MC play was a pure joy. He was trained as a figure skater and glided past players like they didn’t exist, he will always be my favourite all time player, hence the picture of him being my Avatar if that’s the right word.???
As long as I have watched hockey and as many great players as I have seen Dougie is my go to fave ……named my cat after him! Embarrassingly someone I knew who worked for Devils told him …….but when his book was published and I bought it he asked me how Doug (the cat) was !