Devils Sign Valdix

When Dougie was playing for Lee Valley we lost 11-9 away and he scored 9+2 that night if memory serves correctly
But wasn't he a temporary replacement the next season when Paul Castron never showed up ?

moggy#9

When Dougie was playing for Lee Valley we lost 11-9 away and he scored 9+2 that night if memory serves correctly
But wasn't he a temporary replacement the next season when Paul Castron never showed up ?
Yeah, the Castron situation was possibly the best bit of bad luck that the club ever had.

Slartibartfast

As long as I have watched hockey and as many great players as I have seen Dougie is my go to fave ……named my cat after him! Embarrassingly someone I knew who worked for Devils told him …….but when his book was published and I bought it he asked me how Doug (the cat) was !
I had 3 cats. Shannon, Hilton and Ruggles

moggy#9

Our Hilton was very mischievous just like his namesake ::)
Hilton (the player) used to make me laugh, how he would throw in a quick punch when the ref wasn't looking.
I seem to remember one occasion where he was drawing cat whiskers on any of the other players who were asleep on a flight. The player that is, not my cat.

Wannabe2

It was on Lee Carson who had fallen asleep on the plane somewhere like Minsk, and done the same to Andy Jones a fan who was travelling on the same flight.

E.D.S.

Difficult call for Skalde to make. You've got guys who rightly should be given the opportunity to step up and fill McNally's position. Can imagine players would be a bit miffed if Valdix went straight into the team. The odd shift here and there to start to provide rests for players and then take it from there - see how he fits in.

E.D.S.

Difficult one for him though. Not getting much ice time, won't be fit enough, difficult to prove himself. If he doesn't prove himself he doesn't get ice time. Not the greatest cycle to be in. I see what people are saying though.