Devils v Belfast Giants - Sat 7 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

zoesdevil

Myself I think we are a better team when we have a presence on the ice, last season was a great example, when Bordeleau was suspended against Belfast they bullied us off the ice & won the game, but didn't do it when Bordy was playing!!

You didn't say he was to blame but you insinuated it.

Actually I didn't. It was to highlight an area of concern.

No didn't mention Joeys penalty as within a game there are hundreds of what if moments. I could mention numerous times are players didn't clear the zone. It's sport these things happen.

We are all allowed our opinions mine is that Richie is the better d man. He just makes the simple plays and every team needs these guys just as much as the 'flashy (couldn't think of a better word)

As to the would I have a 3/4 'line player on the PP why not. 1 cause I don't think we truly have a 3/4 line anyway. But I would happily have Myers, Batch, Lordo sitting in front of the netminder providing a screen. A tactic we don't seem to utilise a lot but a lot of other teams do.

At the end of the day you win as a team and lose as a team.

bb1

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38084
Bobby Farnham. Listed as free agent. This sort of guy would flourish as an impact player.
Read someone mention Paris. He's got a cannon. But he is one of the most non-physical players of his size I've seen in a while.
Would be a superb agitator and can hit well for his size......however takes a tremendous amount of dumb penalties and would make ex giant Daryll Lloyd look like a saint.

If you want someone like him who's tougher by a mile and cheaper then I'd say Triston Grant. Tough hard hitting guy but can also take stupid penalties. Would stand up for team and not back down to anybody.

Another good prospect that fits the 'Lord Mould' is Seth Ambroz. Seems like he can do a bit of everything like Mychan and is only young.

Tarnasky and JF Jacques are also feee agents, big bodies who can throw devastating hits. Both solid players too who can drop the mits when needed.

As I've said before we really are missing an energy guy with a fear factor. As much as people hated Bordy he did a job. IMO guys feared him more than Mcgrattan. Why.......Because not only was Bordy super tough but he could throw hits and scared the life out of guys in a way Mcgrattan couldn't. You don't necessarily need the toughest guy but a guy who will throw huge hits imo is more feared than a guy who is just tough.

If other teams players took liberties they would have been more worried about players like Bordy and Rosehill who can seriously hurt with a hit and fight but rarely need to.

For me a guy who is a destructive big body who can hit and fight is better than having a guy like a Doty, Neilson who are slow and only really good at fighting.

Last edited:

jimmy snels

Tristan Grant was a name that stood out to me as he can play a bit as well as hit and fight. Also fraser as a D man is looking like he aint getting picked up by anyone. Maybe dan maggio as well who can play D and fwd. The veteran rules in AHL could help a club sign a player who cant get a club u usually wouldnt. I can only dream drew miller could come back to the EIHL

ASHIPP

Looking for huge gritty imposing players still appear to be unsigned in North America - both with extensive AHL experience:

Akim Aliu - could fulfil a power forward and defence role

Dustin Stevenson - sounds like a beast of a stay-at home blueliner!

zoesdevil

Not a post people will like, but I think we need a player like Fitzgerald, the guys a machine, hardly ever loses a fight, tough as nails, will fight almost anyone & always protects his teammates, last night against Panthers was a game that proves this, thats the kind of player we need!!