Devils v Blaze - 07/01 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game despite the continuing problems with mobile communications. As always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

voth26

Like the stars game, we need to come out hard, fast and physical., take the body with disciplined Devils hockey. Start with a hard hitting line with Bordy on it and set the tone from the first puck. Come on Devils

Russky

I am sure Klotz and Noble will fill their nappies and 'turtle' when they see Bordy has licence to hit and freedom of the ice.

Russky

You think Klotz is scared of Bordy? I doubt it...
well Bordy gave him a good thumping and Noble got a pasting from Lord !! Also both have since headed to the bench as soon as they could whenever Bordy took to the Ice so yes!!!! Just looked at the vid of both fights on youtube and Bordy defo won the fight against Klotz and Lord gave Noble a good hiding.

Last edited:
That's 2 threads russky u seem to think players will poo there pants when they see bordy coming or head back to the bench when they see him on the ice??
For how many years have u followed devils?

Your comments are silly u should know hockey by now :)

Another reason why I can't follow mnl, there is no sense talked through the game at all.

Russky

That's 2 threads russky u seem to think players will poo there pants when they see bordy coming or head back to the bench when they see him on the ice??
For how many years have u followed devils?

Your comments are silly u should know hockey by now :)

Another reason why I can't follow mnl, there is no sense talked through the game at all.
Long enough to form a valid opinion based on what I've seen Rabbitoh4. Also I have watched the Devils for enough years to have seen Mike Ware, Brad Voth be effective enforcers. Bordy is fast on the way to building a following amongst the Devils fans who know their enforcers when they see one based on those that have gone before Bordy.

As for your comments re MNL, that's your choice but going by the viewing figures MNL gets on top of the sell out crowds at the IAW and the webcast viewing figures, MNL is a well used service .

Each of the hosts have their own distinctive presenting style when hosting MNL based on their personality and knowledge of the game, which varies from the other hosts so MNL has a range of different approaches to covering games but with a definite and identifiable Devils flavour.

Last edited:

Kal

I wouldn't say Koltz fears Bordy although i think he turned him down in the last game which resulted in those two massive hits on Jorgensen. Noble on the other hand couldn't get off the ice fast enough even falling through the bench door at one point last game.

Russky

I wouldn't say Koltz fears Bordy although i think he turned him down in the last game which resulted in those two massive hits on Jorgensen. Noble on the other hand couldn't get off the ice fast enough even falling through the bench door at one point last game.
I'd say the fact that Klotz turned down Bordys invitation which says to me he doesn't want to get another battering, which he got last October.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Aggressive, gritty hockey is much more effective enforcing than fighting. Think Klotz turning down an offer to fight Bordy at the last game (and Fitzgerald in another game) would have far more to do with team instructions/opposition scoreline than being 'scared' of anyone. The enforcer type players do not fear eachother - they are professionals.

Russky

I take your point about being under team orders but surely a player knowing they have taken a pasting or successive beatings from an opposition player in the past will colour their judgement as to whether they want to drop the gloves again with the same player.

Finny

Surely knowing they have taken a pasting or successive beatings from an opposition player in the past will colour their judgement as to whether they want to drop the gloves again with the same player.
But they didn't take a pasting from Bordy, unless I missed it?

Klotz is probably one of the few players in this league not scared of Bordy.

Ocko

Klotz has fought just about every decent enforcer in the league this season. He isn't scare of anyone. He stood toe to toe and traded with McGratton in a great fight and gave a good account of himself.

Why would Klotz have fought Bordy in the last game when Bordy asked? What did he have to gain from it when he was offered out? His team were up on the scoreboard and momentum, he would've been stupid to take it.

Russky

But they didn't take a pasting from Bordy, unless I missed it?

Klotz is probably one of the few players in this league not scared of Bordy.
Maybe in your interpretation of it he didn't but from what I have seen I interpreted that Bordy did

Russky

Each has their own opinion. I respect yours and I would expect the same from you folks, but it doesn't mean I agree with it. This is why it makes the forum such an invigorating platform for differing views. No one is definitively right and no one is definitively wrong. Without a variance of opinion, the forum would have died along time ago.

E.D.S.

I'd say the fact that Klotz turned down Bordys invitation which says to me he doesn't want to get another battering, which he got last October.
Klotz took that fight for me. He certainly didn't lose it. A draw at best. Klotz could have turned down a fight for any number of reasons. I very much doubt it was because he was afraid. No enforcer is afraid of any other enforcer in this league and everywhere else. It's what enforcers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russky

I beg to differ. Klotz didn't not land as many meaningful blows compared to Bordy. I have watched the video clip again and again, I saw that Bordy threw at least 12 punches which actually connected compared to Klotz and Bordy actually took Klotz down to the ice before the linos jumped in. It seemed that for every meaningful punch landed by Klotz, he received at least 4 from early on right to end of the fight. Klotz seemed more intent on keeping his balance and staying upright than throwing punches.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

That's the beauty of hockey, everyone has an opinion....

For me Klotz has been a major surprise this season. I expected him to be a complete donkey who would be gone by Christmas (to coin a phrase), what we have is someone who, when allowed to, can cause havoc and create space for others. For some reason, Danny Stewart doesn't seem to let him out too much.

I wouldn't want him as a Devil (there is a significant downside in his skating and skill level) but I am struggling to think of a tougher player in the league. Fitzy, Bordy and McGratton are the obvious other contenders for the toughest player but Klotz has certainly earned his right to be at the top table and stake his claim.