Devils v Blaze - Challenge Cup 30/10

Rob Batch

The Blaze are a much improved team, as are the rest of the league. Our expectations are possibly too high which adds to the pressure on the team. We've been here before and should know how 'belief' and 'confidence' can affect play. All other teams are possible 'fruit skins'. When we get our mojo back we will be fine, the end.

CaldicotDevil

Couple of things from last night;

The Blaze vs Devils rivalry seems to be dead. With the panto villains Steeeeeewarttttttt & Noble now gone as fans there’s no Blaze players that get under my skin. They're just like any other team. Thought Broll might've that guy but he seems like a decent level headed hockey player.

IMO we only need one drummer. If we're going ahead with block 13 for a game we don't need another drummer in block 4. I've got nothing against the drummer in block 4, I think he does a great job but you just can't have two drummers on opposite sides on the building. Last night there was a second delay between the drums, it's not because of the drummers timing but purely the fact they're opposite ends of the building. This delay made it hard for any one in the middle chanting. If block 13 is your vocal heartbeat that's where you need the drums. If block 13 isn't booked, bring it back to Block 4. Like I said just my opinion.

McMonagle has gone under the radar a bit but if you look at his stats he actually a points machine. If he stays fit he could easily get us 40+ points this year.

Wannabe2

With all due respect I think we have far more serious problems than drums, although I do like them at both ends myself. As you say Blaze have no panto villains, but worse than that, nether do we.

JC23

Couple of things from last night;

The Blaze vs Devils rivalry seems to be dead. With the panto villains Steeeeeewarttttttt & Noble now gone as fans there’s no Blaze players that get under my skin. They're just like any other team. Thought Broll might've that guy but he seems like a decent level headed hockey player.

IMO we only need one drummer. If we're going ahead with block 13 for a game we don't need another drummer in block 4. I've got nothing against the drummer in block 4, I think he does a great job but you just can't have two drummers on opposite sides on the building. Last night there was a second delay between the drums, it's not because of the drummers timing but purely the fact they're opposite ends of the building. This delay made it hard for any one in the middle chanting. If block 13 is your vocal heartbeat that's where you need the drums. If block 13 isn't booked, bring it back to Block 4. Like I said just my opinion.

McMonagle has gone under the radar a bit but if you look at his stats he actually a points machine. If he stays fit he could easily get us 40+ points this year.
Actually fully agree with all of this.

McMonagle last night was solid all night. And also putting up points.

A real game of 2 halves, we were awful for 30 minutes then the first goal seemed to wake us up and we just seemed that bit quicker and sharper after that.

Really not sure what to make of this team, for the last 3 weeks they've been given the atmosphere they wanted due to the introduction of block 13 which is probably giving us the best consistant atmosphere since we moved to the new rink but the players don't seem to be feeding off it, they're still going through the usual October/November slump.

We seem to have a team of set up men, just pass pass pass, we could really do with 1 or 2 shoot first guys

Also for the second game in a row, no Lord interview after the game

Kevlar68

So just a question, if we conceded loads of goals through the season but win the games then go on to win the league is that still bad? Would there still be complaints?
Surely its about the win at the end of day and points when it comes to the league.
Never liked the challenge cup myself so don't really care about in it or out of it.
Win ugly, win easily, win by 1, win by 5, as long as the team win.

Last edited:

jenks33

Losing the league title at the skydome restored my dislike of the blaze. As others have said the rivalry has waned since the new ownership took over but I still maintain they showed a lack of class as an organisation that night. Goading from their fans was to be expected and some of our fans would have done the same, so I’ve got no issues with that. But I was surprised they played the Belfast song. I hope nobody forgets that if they start to feel sympathy for the blaze at all in the future.

Rob Batch

Losing the league title at the skydome restored my dislike of the blaze. As others have said the rivalry has waned since the new ownership took over but I still maintain they showed a lack of class as an organisation that night. Goading from their fans was to be expected and some of our fans would have done the same, so I’ve got no issues with that. But I was surprised they played the Belfast song. I hope nobody forgets that if they start to feel sympathy for the blaze at all in the future.
That memory annoys me so much. Also the Dundee game.

Devilsatw

Well they haven’t been stand out have they??
Don’t know what you want me to say!

My problem is conceding 3/4/5 goals a game. We are giving away to many 2 on 1s and bowns has to bail us out a lot!

For a championship team we should have improved these areas already we are now 4 months in and nothing has changed