Devils v Clan - 26/09 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be the man in charge for this game and as always he can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils will obviously be without Voth once again, I don't think Clan are missing anyone, then again they haven't played many games...

The Clan face the Panthers on Saturday so will be interesting to see how they cope, with the Devils not playing on the Saturday hopefully we can play as well as we did against the Giants last home game!

Chris.

Koop11

On paper I do feel we should win this game but the Clan are unknown to us so in that respect a difficult one to call. At home however I feel we are better than any team when we play our game so if we can show that never say die attitude we have adopted this season then we should pick up maximum points.

For me I would be hoping for a good defensive performance. It might not be pretty but we must learn to adapt our game to be able to play like that in match ups that require us to do so (on the road mainly).

DevilDom

I feel the biggest danger to us winning on Sunday is ourselves.

If we take them lightly and turn up with the attitude that we should win then I fear we'll come a cropper.

If we turn up and show the grit and determination we have in the last 3 games and work just as hard then we should win (on paper at least!).

ASHIPP

The Clan have several players of note that should be a heads up for the Devils' defence........

Brendan Cook, Ryan Campbell and Bruce Richardson are dangerous forwards. If it doesn't go well for the Clan in Nottingham, they are definitely going to be fired up for a win in the Tent.
Staying focused and effective at the back for the whole game will be essential.

TheStub

From our point of view, Clan beating Panties and losing to us may be a good result down the stretch.

But, for the standings on Monday morning, the Clan losing twice would bump us up a spot.

I agree with Dom. I hope we don't come into the game arrogant to the fact that we (on paper) have a better team!

Clan have a few players who look to be goalscorers.

We can win this by a few goals IMO.

TheStub

This year, even more so than last year, everyone in this league can beat everyone else on the night. I think we can guess who will be in the top and bottom, but not every result.

Even Dundee got 4 goals past the Panties - and looked good whilst doing it. When they work out how to turn up for 60 minutes they will cause an upset or two. :shock:

On paper, Clan seem to have a decent roster - who will entertain at the very least, with a bit of scoring depth and something to prove. I know their stated aim this year is a playoff spot, but I hope we don't take them lightly... even more so, I hope everyone else does :lol:

wildthing74

Having fought before,I hope Sawyer doesn't let himself get goaded into fighting Bernier.We need him on the ice and with Hicks in charge god knows what he would call.
We saw against Sheffield how hime being off the ice can cost us.

TheStub

We need to be smart with fights. With so many tough guys in the league, I think you will have more of an effect skating away and dropping them when our team needs the lift.

The McMorrow effect of just dropping them at the first face-off adds nothing to the game, and just hands an advantage to the other team IHO.

I'd far rather see the other teams tough guys take stupid penalties trying to start fights than our guys getting stupid numbers of minutes for "stepping up".

Devils to win by three, and Sawyer to batter Bernier when it doesn't matter anymore :twisted:

Ok so tonight Clan led all game to win against Panthers in the NIC.........4-3

Ones to watch (going by the stats) Chaumont 1+2, Noel 1+1 and Bruce 0+2.

Doesnt look to be as easy a game as I thought it would be tomorrow.

We were at the game tonight as spending a weekend in Nottingham. Great entertaining game and so pleased for Braehead - they thoroughly deserved the win.

They played really well and looked hungry for the win (especially since this is only their second game and apparently have only had a couple of training sessions as their ice is being used by Disney on Ice)

Their D looked quite solid and they all gave a consistent 100% every shift and constantly put their bodies on the line. Their netminder played superbly and should have got MOTM in our opinion.

However, from working so hard they did look knackered end of 2nd and in the 3rd. Considering they have travelled twice and we haven't played tonight, I don't think there is any excuse if we don't win tomorrow night.