Devils v HC Davos - Sun 3 Sept - CHL - FO 6pm

fridaysfingers

Darnell you are a cheat as usual, these guys worked their socks off tonight and they could have been cheated out of a great result tonight due to your complete incompetence. This guy should be in a big top at the circus, a bigger clown you could never meet. Knock it on the head son, you have never had a clue and are a complete joke. To give a game like this to a complete Moron is untrue, do us all a favour mate, and bugger off.
If this in reference to the disallowed goal, i believe the decision was made by the other referee, although i could be wrong!
If it is just a general attack on Darnell, you should be glad that there are people like him because without them you wouldn't have the sport you so love.
As far as i know the queue of Level 5/6? officials isn't a big one so yeah let's get rid of the ones that you see making mistakes...........oh hang on, that's all of them. Goodbye UK hockey, it's been fun!!!
On a glorious night for Devils hockey that's the thing on you mind????? I'm flabbergasted mate

Oh, very VERY well done, Cardiff!

To go from a 10-1 hammering (sorry, but that's what it was!) to a 4-3 OT win in just over a week against the same team in a vastly higher-level league... that is something special. That shows resilience, adaptability, determination and all sorts of other positive attributes... whatever may happen in the last 2 games of the group stage, the Cardiff Devils can come out of this with their heads held high.

Between you lot and us lot... Europe might actually start to sit up and take notice of us for once!

solelace84

I absolutely cannot wait for the domestic season to begin now. Devils and panthers look awesome. I haven't seen much of the Giants and the steelers don't look impressive at all! It's going to be a good season of hockey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy, that was (as you can imagine) hard work and complete concentration for a full 60 minutes. I could not help thinking walking to the game that your result last night put pressure on both teams for different reasons. But we have put UK hockey firmly on the map!! Can't write anymore!

Kal

What a win and more importantly what a performance. We forced Davos to play our game and they didnt like it at all. The winning goal if my interpretation of the rules is correct should have stood, if the man in the crease is there as a result of a defending player putting him there it doesn't count but it is what it is and glad we got the OT winner we deserved.

Koop11

Incredible. Simply incredible.

Not sure I’ve witnessed that level of hockey on UK soil before. Regardless of who we beat, that will go down as one of the most enjoyable games of hockey I have seen. But the fact it was such a huge scalp, arguably the biggest in the club’s history, makes that game all the more memorable.

To do it in OT made it even more dramatic, especially after scoring ‘the winner’ in regulation to have it waved off and Bowns to turn into Grant Fuhr in the dying moments with a glove hand save that kept us alive.

We witnessed history last night. Never to be forgotten.

ASHIPP

Oh and special mention to the Davos fans. By far the best away support I have ever seen watching almost 30 years of hockey. The fact they had a conductor all games was pretty remarkable. They are a huge credit to that historical club.
The guy leading their chanting was taking it very seriously.And their repertoire of chants was impressive.

They had just about every conceivable fan accessory on display from giant flags to Davos towels and seat covers! Particularly liked the yellow and blue sausage balloons - nice gesture for the team hitting the ice and seeing all those being waived.

davew

There are some interesting comments from fans on the Davos homepage!

04.09.2017 09:36
Wieso Blamage
Die Engländer können auch Hockeyspielen. Und wenn es dem Favoriten nicht läuft und der Underdog über sich hinauswächst kommen solche Resultate zu stande. Zum Glück. sonst würden Mannschaften wie Ambri und Langnau maximal 4 Spiele pro Saison gewinnen.
Es lebe der Sport. AdC wird schon die richigen Schlüsse ziehen.
03.09.2017 21:32
Achtung
Nach dem SCB blamiert sich auch der HCD auf der Insel bis auf die Knochen !
Die Schweizer Liga so schwach oder das Britische Hockey so gut ?
03.09.2017 21:27
Cardiff
Wow!!! Ist das peinlich!!! Shame on you...

Google translation for those not up on schweizer deutsch

4.09.2017 09:36 Why Blamage The English can also play hockey. And if it does not run the favorite and the underdog grow out of itself such results come to a stand. Luckily. otherwise teams like Ambri and Langnau would win a maximum of 4 games per season. Long live the sport. AdC will already draw the right conclusions.

03.09.2017 21:32 Attention After the SCB also the HCD on the island to the bones! The Swiss league so weak or the British hockey so good?

03.09.2017 21:27 Cardiff Wow !!! That is embarrassing!!! Shame on you ...

Their fanbase - on the whole - obviously expected an easy win last night...

I fear that anglo swiss relations have taken a turn for the worst this weekend! :D

Leighton

The guy leading their chanting was taking it very seriously.And their repertoire of chants was impressive.
They've taken the title of "they've got a song for everything" from Braehead.

loved that bit when the fans were split down the middle with one half pointing and chanting at the other half.

Amazing. The team should be so proud of themselves. They play fast, they played physical and most importantly they played for 60 minutes.
We saw some glimpses of what they can do in previous games but tonight it all came together.
Bowns played a stormer but special mention should also go to Hotham, Pope and Paris who looked great. Love the winning goal from Paris and Richies was also a blinder.
Also thought crowder had a very good game

ASHIPP

I am looking at the results standings on the CHL website. So proud to see Devils with some points on the board. OK, they may be behind in the very tough 'Group of Death'....until you study the other groups and see that great teams like Vienna Capitals, Ejsberg Energy, Gap, Grdno are in the same position. Some teams have lost every game so far.

Last edited:

Gough60

If this in reference to the disallowed goal, i believe the decision was made by the other referee, although i could be wrong!
If it is just a general attack on Darnell, you should be glad that there are people like him because without them you wouldn't have the sport you so love.
As far as i know the queue of Level 5/6? officials isn't a big one so yeah let's get rid of the ones that you see making mistakes...........oh hang on, that's all of them. Goodbye UK hockey, it's been fun!!!
On a glorious night for Devils hockey that's the thing on you mind????? I'm flabbergasted mate
Fantastic game of hockey. They were strong and fast but we were gritty hardworking & determined. was a pleasure to watch.
However BOTH refs were guilty of some BAD calls and missed calls.
the slash in front of Darnell was criminal. As was the xcheck called on Matt after he had been boarded and tripped.
Energy levels were on a level par for the 60 min. and that made a noticeable difference.
Still history made. WELL DONE.

I'm not convinced they were actually watching the game mind (Even from behind the flags) They didn't seem to react to much actually happening on the ice other than falling silent for about 30 seconds when we scored
posted a short video on Elite league banter page give you an idea of what they can't see!!