Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Thread for both Playoff QF games right here, right now...

Webcast available for the home game at http://www.icetime.tv and it's rather good, so if you're not going have a look, its also worth looking for them on Youtube for interviews and features.

Webcast for the away game can be found at http://www.dundeestarslive.uk/ It's normally pretty decent from Dundee so probably worth having a look...

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for both games, as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Re: Devils v Stars - Home & Away - Playoff QF's - Chat/Updat

I am the eternal optimist - if you have a signal at IAW why not help us out with updates.

Pre face off team news and periuod reports would be great if you can find the odd spot in the IAW where you can get a signal.

OJ

I don't know how the marathon is going to affect people's journeys today. Maybe worth checking before you leave !! I know there are a lot of road closures but not sure until what time etc.

ASHIPP

CJDevil21 said:
I don't know how the marathon is going to affect people's journeys today. Maybe worth checking before you leave !! I know there are a lot of road closures but not sure until what time etc.
Docks and Bay area roads re-opened from 4-4.30pm.

North Cardiff and north city centre not open until later

terry hunt

Cardiff City are home to Derby today KO 3pm i expect that will cause some chaos.

I've just read that the team will be wearing the eihl issued playoff Jersey tonight have picture of them been released yet? I haven't seen any yet.

Another gutless performance. Shocking considering the talent on our roster and Dundee are relatively short-Benched. Something badly wrong with us and Lordo needs to sort it out

Wannabe2

How poor was that, Dundee didn't even have 3 lines and travelled from Scotland, well we lost the last game in the BBT, and we lost the last one in the new gaff. Someone please tell me why we didn't play Hendo, can't get my head around that one. It's now one uphill battle to turn this around, fair does to the stars they played a great away game.

KaneDevils

Webcast poor again tonight? HD? Hideously Dire? Much like the result of the game. We have literally capitulated.

Shocking defeat!! Can't see us turning it round either to be honest!!

Devils need changes so I hope they make it in the summer.

At least steel er showed heart from being 5-0 down to make it 5-3..

That's why there champions

Wannabe2

Rabbitohs4 said:
Shocking defeat!! Can't see us turning it round either to be honest!!

Devils need changes so I hope they make it in the summer.

At least steel er showed heart from being 5-0 down to make it 5-3..

That's why there champions
That's exactly why, championship teams find a way to win, and sadly they do that very very well.

Ocko

Absolute disgrace that. Outmuscled, out coached, out worked and out played.

This team has completely lost it's identity. We used to be a team who would be physical, lay out markers out early and play a good forecheck. Dundee have one of the smallest D in the league and we don't play Salters. Bizarre.

We didn't change the way we played no matter how poorly we were. No spark or change in tactics. We used to be a clutch team that could step up for the big game, not anymore. Team of chokers.

mweller

I've enjoyed a lot of our hockey this season, been frustrated at times & disappointed at others. I'll usually find a reason behind a defeat and look for positives. This is the first time I've been angry though. This was a woeful performance - really, really awful. We couldn't put a pass together, the puck was turned over with ease, no movement to find space, sloppy defending, no energy or creativity. It looked like a team that wanted the season to be over. Inexplicable & inexcusable really (but well played Stars, they wanted it about 200% more).

Mooney#16

Personal opinion. Lordo needs to sit tomorrow and run that game from the bench. It's do or die and he has to stack the offence. Martin, Doucet and Haddad - Russell, Kurka, Salters, - Hervato, Culligan, Morrisette. I'd stack two lines and try to close down there top with the third. Just go down all guns blazing and plenty of net front presence. It's the playoffs. There should be a scrum after every whistle for heavens sake.

Massively underachieved over the past 2 months which many have glossed over the fact as we've moved into a shiny new rink. Woeful leadership of late and we have turned into a gutless team who just bottle it.

If we fail to get to Nottingham this season for me would go down as a complete dissapoingment considering the squad assembled at the start of the season.

Might be time for a full time Bench coach next season.

august04

Lord described the team as "bitter" having lost out on the league title last weekend. Really?! Strange way of showing it, that was a totally inept, clueless and gutless performance. Is Salters injured or not? He takes part in warm up, then we don't see him. Hendrikx has gone missing too - is he injured? If not, why the hell isnt he playing? Lord may show passion in his interviews, but there's some strange decisions being made at the moment. Outmuscled in our barn in a play off game by a short bench Stars team and there viewing from the balcony you see Salters and Hendrikx. Injury can be the only explanation? Big changes needed for me next season, let's get some heart and desire back in the Devils team. It's missing big time at the moment for whatever reason.