Devils v Stars - Sat 13 Oct - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
uCYn6c1P.png
Devils return to domestic action for their home game of the weekend against the Dundee Stars. We've already played them once this season in a tight game where the Devils were the eventual winners. The Devils have never lost in regulation to the Stars at home in the Elite. Long may it continue.

Last edited:

Ger-Devils

A lot of players give the puck away.

Very good first 5 minutes but we just stopped the high intensity play and let them back in which you can’t do. Frustrating through the second despite the goal but time told when their 3 lines couldn’t keep that going.

They’re a decent team just need a few more bodies.

Some nice goals but we have to take our chances more.

I know we play MK tomorrow but looking further ahead, Sheffield were 4 down before tonight then Brandon Whistle injured during the game and they had Phillips and Matheson playing forward so pending bodies back, next weekend could be interesting.

Mooney#16

I thought that was a pretty good game from both sides. Lordo waved the major wand on line swapping Haddad and Linglet for the 3rd and both lines promptly lit the lamp. Devils applied pressure when needed to get Dundee on there heals and control the game from escalating.

For a return from Europe fixture that are notorious for a potential upset and Dundee being a very dogged team I thought Devils saw that one out well.

Slartibartfast

Dundee really impressed me again. They are the strongest defensive team I have seen this season but tonight their offense was strong also. Once again though the Devils had most of the possession but it took something special to beat them. I watched online but it was still a really exciting game.
A lot of people talk about the league needing a strong Steelers but I would love to see the Scottish teams being our main competition. When I started watching 28 years ago it was the Murrayfield Racers games that everyone looked forward to and noone had heard of Dave Simms unless they were buying a house in Sheffield.

Hedd Wyn John

Stars were excellent but ran out of gas. Credit to the Devils for plugging away & not giving up. Atmosphere was pretty dire in IAW tonight l, don’t know why.

august04

Stars were excellent but ran out of gas. Credit to the Devils for plugging away & not giving up. Atmosphere was pretty dire in IAW tonight l, don’t know why.
After a dominant first shift, I thought we were awful for the first period, with only Bowns and Martin impressing during the first 20. I think the tone was set for atmosphere during that period. We got better in the second though thankfully and in the end it was a pretty comfortable win against a very spirited but ultimately weaker and shorter benched Stars team. I think barn burning games may be in short supply this year at IAW - several competent teams but very few who will really take it to us at home.

Found it pretty dire tonight until part way through the 2nd when the Devils did a bit of line swapping and seemed to go up a gear. Thought Dundee scrapped well but once we went up a notch they couldn't quite stay with us, I still think we are playing within ourselves at the moment and some of the results we've had recently look better than the actual performance in the game but I suppose that's how you win league titles, getting results no matter what.

As for atmosphere, I think it'll only be Belfast and Nottingham games that will have decent atmosphere maybe Sheffield too and the odd game here and there, with physical play steadily leaving the game to be replaced by skill I don't think the skill level is high enough in the league to make the games "edge of your seat" entertaining so it means we have 2500-3000 people all sat in near silence just watching the game happen, at the same time I think we have a rosey view of the atmosphere in the tent, it was usually garbage against the "lower" sides and ended up with different a blocks shouting at each other

Gough60

On 2 occasions last night we had a 1 on 1 breakaway. Both failed to light the lamp. We have had at least 1 a game and I can't remember us scoring. Teams we have played, Nottingham, MK, have put the puck away........ discuss!

mjh

Hedden has scored from two 1 v 1 opportunities in the CHL if memory serves. Linglet continues to add assists. Would like to see him add a few more goals. Typical Devils display where they only got going once 2-1 down. Always felt we had a few more gears to move through but rarely need to at home against majority of teams. Bowns played well as did Joey H. Not sure an added d man is needed this season. Might be better off saving the money for next year’s budget.

Gough60

My bad, Hedden has taken his chances. just seems to me we missing golden opportunities when it could be a case of closing the game down.

Wannabe2

Hedden has scored from two 1 v 1 opportunities in the CHL if memory serves. Linglet continues to add assists. Would like to see him add a few more goals. Typical Devils display where they only got going once 2-1 down. Always felt we had a few more gears to move through but rarely need to at home against majority of teams. Bowns played well as did Joey H. Not sure an added d man is needed this season. Might be better off saving the money for next year’s budget.
No way we need a new face, we have no spare and with Faryna out we are a import down. We want to win as much as poss again this season, that means having injury coverage of the right talent. Next seasons budget is for next season.