Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Thread starter #1

TIME TO PRESS ON AND SHOW WE MEAN BUSINESS

The DEVILS arch enemy are coming to the IAW
so lets give them a welcome they will not forget in a hurry

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Only a few years ago, the Panthers were down by 4 goals in the CC Final against the Giants......Panthers won the game (in a shootout) by playing fast, smart, physical.

Tomorrow's game looks like a big mountain to climb but it's not completely impossible.

Hold that thought and believe.

jimmy snels

Need to come out banging like its the last and most important game of their lives. Hope the refs just put the whistles down and we can get an intense game going

To be fair Storm weren't overly physical on Sunday. They were clinical with their finishing, they created traffic in front of net, they scored a couple of 'dirty' goals and the managed to get under Mustokovs' skin. He had a bit of a paddy after 1 goal and took a penalty on which they scored. If Devils can score a couple first pressure will be on Steelers.

Ewww. Are they not allowed to smile now. Good news for us though.
They can smile - I invite you to look at Noble's punchable grin - I think it's their choice.

Personally, I think not smiling is the way to go. Imagine if the release about Nickerson assaulting a member of public was accompanied by a big toothy grin. Not exactly tonally consistent. That being said, there's "not smiling" and there's "Looking like a serial killer", and Jamtin is slap bang in the middle of that Venn diagram.

James

Administrator
First goal is vital tonight. Get the first and the whole thing feels possible. If shuff score first its a hell of a mountain to climb.

James

Administrator
We lost the first leg 5-4 so yes, but it wasn't too big a lead. We did win the second leg by enough goals to overcome the Steelers lead mind :D

A-G

We lost the first leg 5-4 so yes, but it wasn't too big a lead. We did win the second leg by enough goals to overcome the Steelers lead mind :D
Thought we had a bigger deficit to overturn in that game. Must have been one of the other games. We def went 4 goals down against one team and pulled it back so the boys have it in them :)

Wannabe2

Devils fans being the best in the league, deserve to see our great team at its best tonight. Do that tonight lads and we can do this, a chance to make another bit of history for our Legendary club. So come on lads we will do our bit in the stands, give us plenty to shout about as only you can.

kingmo19.1

They can smile - I invite you to look at Noble's punchable grin - I think it's their choice.

Personally, I think not smiling is the way to go. Imagine if the release about Nickerson assaulting a member of public was accompanied by a big toothy grin. Not exactly tonally consistent. That being said, there's "not smiling" and there's "Looking like a serial killer", and Jamtin is slap bang in the middle of that Venn diagram.
I see the Essex teeth whitening craze is now taking off in the Midlands!

Russky

In the prediction I sent to Matcnightlive@gmail.com I said i could see the Devils winning but not by the margin required to overturn the 4 goal deficit from the first leg.

I am so sorry that I doubted you Devils. You have proved me wrong (yet again)!!

But what a performance to overturn the deficit and still win the tie by 2 clear goals!!!

Devils 7 Steelers 1 tonight but 9-7 on aggregate.

THAT WAS AWESOME!

Last edited:
OMG OMG couldn't make the game......but honestly never thought we would HAMMER the Steelers, thought we'd get close but not quite make the finish line.

But WOW just WOW I have never refreshed so often before but
WE ARE GOING TO THE FINAL
These boys definitely don' want to give the cup to anyone else.