Devils vs Blaze - 28 Sept 19 - CC

Slartibartfast

Thats more like it. A much better performance.
From the second period onwards the Devils had their usual composure back.
It wasn't a perfect performance but its something to build on.
Despite the result I think Blaze are much improved on last year and competed well. As we get back to full strength though I think the gap between us and the Blaze will widen.
Steelers tomorrow will be interesting. They will certainly test our defence

BostonBart22

Much better devils this week so far, good to see the goat back and got awarded mom. few tweaks need addressing but hopefully will come in time, be nice to have a full team on the ice at some point this season..

Diablo3

That was awesome. Block 13 I salute you (as did the players). Much improved performance from the team from the second period. Long stretches of dominance. Great to see Joey back. Also good to see Rukis on the ice.

Block I 3 - Brilliant.
Apart from that same chant as they sing at the city games we are ice hockey and not football so annoying when trying to listen to ice time commentary and all you can here this chant come up with a devil's chant but pleased with all you guys keep it up

JC23

Apart from that same chant as they sing at the city games we are ice hockey and not football so annoying when trying to listen to ice time commentary and all you can here this chant come up with a devil's chant but pleased with all you guys keep it up
The words are entirely different to Cardiff City ones. Just the same tune, and the same “Allez Allez Allez” which has recently become a thing in all sports.

mjh

Good win nd some solid performances from the guys. Great to see the GOAT on the ice for the first time this season. Still think the team will need to be a fair bit better in the games against the bigger teams. Not as physical as I had expected tonight but some good goals especially in the second period. David Broll is a monster. Would have loved him to be a devil as the marketing opportunities are endless. Think a cross between the incredible hulk and groot... 'I am Broooollll!'

Diablo3

TBH I was a football fan prior to converting to the teachings of our Lord. I love the idea of bringing in football style chants, they are varied and usually easy to learn and more to the point, they generate volume. If we mange to keep block 13 those chants will creep around the arena.

CaldicotDevil

Good win nd some solid performances from the guys. Great to see the GOAT on the ice for the first time this season. Still think the team will need to be a fair bit better in the games against the bigger teams. Not as physical as I had expected tonight but some good goals especially in the second period. David Broll is a monster. Would have loved him to be a devil as the marketing opportunities are endless. Think a cross between the incredible hulk and groot... 'I am Broooollll!'
I was expecting Broll to be just a goon after seeing stats but the guys got a decent skill set on him.

Hats off to those who organised block 13. Atmosphere was insane, really carried the boys through an edgy first period. Had a group of friends who went to their first game tonight and they can’t wait to come back because of how good the atmosphere. IMO Block 13 needs to stay.

I think all the excitement of the standing block covered over a not so great performance from the Devils, an improvement from last week but still not great, only a mad 3 or 4 minutes in the second took the game then we could just control the game from there.

Obviously players dropping in and out and line combination changes feed into that but we'll need to tighten up a bit, good to get Martin back, he'll need to have 4 or 5 games to get match sharp but good to have him back on the ice

JC23

I think all the excitement of the standing block covered over a not so great performance from the Devils, an improvement from last week but still not great, only a mad 3 or 4 minutes in the second took the game then we could just control the game from there.

Obviously players dropping in and out and line combination changes feed into that but we'll need to tighten up a bit, good to get Martin back, he'll need to have 4 or 5 games to get match sharp but good to have him back on the ice
I agree with this to be fair.

It wasn’t as good a performance as the score line suggests. Defensively we were good last night I would say, LOADS of blocked shots, and seeing big Lou take a penalty to essentially save a goal was good to see.

Up front I think it was good for a few of our guys to get a goal last night. Pope for instance, and Joey on his return.

Felt like Linglet and Haddad looked slightly snakebitten last night, and would both have been frustrated not to have gotten goals themselves.

Overall, solid game, but could have been better.

Gazza272

Hi Paulsasha,

were the crowd much louder than the comms on the night? as we can have a look at changing the balance on the ambient Mics to get a better balance. We did want to show off the crowd on Saturday, but going forward we can get it better.