Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 6th Nov 21

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
It starts to feel like a proper hockey season when the Blaze games come thick and fast. Devils will face the Blaze in yet another Challenge Cup qualifier. Largely a dead rubber game I'm sure the Devils will want to put on a performance on home ice. McNally is back in the lineup after injury recovery so hopefully will pick up where he left off providing some extra scoring threat.

Pembo

Wonder if will be any aggro carried over from the last game? This Cov team seem to like a scrap. Could be a bit spicy with McNally back on the ice!

Wannabe2

McNally I would have thought won’t want to get too involved in any rough stuff, tonight we don’t need it and he certainly don’t. Blaze will want the points for sure, as we certainly will, hopefully we watch a very good game.

jenks33

Devils 0-2 Blaze after the first period. What’s that now about 90 minutes of hockey without a goal at home? Not great. Not particularly bothered if we lose this but let’s see some goals boys.

mjh

Waller didn't look too good going off after the injury. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Such an important player.

mjh

Motte is playing very very well. Devils look devoid of ideas at times. More traffic in front of net would be good.

ASHIPP

Blaze have come to win tonight. They are energised by an early lead. The few chances they have had they have taken well. Devils cannot finish their chances, cannot figure out how to get past Motte. Everyone is pressing for a goal and joining the rush. Unfortunately a couple of players caught out of position for Blaze second goal.

Motte is standing tall when he needs to... .terrific support from the Blaze team in front of him.

Tonight could be another instalment of the learning curve for the season's Devils.

mjh

Cox by far the best player tonight and deserved his goal. Took until the last ten minutes of the final period to see the team show any passion. Too late by then. Coventry were up for this and seemed a more cohesive team. They deserved the win. Pretty dull game but that's sport sometimes.

jenks33

I’m not bothered that we’ve lost a Challenge Cup game but another game goes by where we’ve struggled to score. Meanwhile Steelers scored 7 against Belfast tonight. I’ll repeat what I said last week, if Steve and the owners are happy with a top 4 finish this season then we should be ok. If they want to win the league tho then a proven goalscorer is required.

Eklof

I’m not bothered that we’ve lost a Challenge Cup game but another game goes by where we’ve struggled to score. Meanwhile Steelers scored 7 against Belfast tonight. I’ll repeat what I said last week, if Steve and the owners are happy with a top 4 finish this season then we should be ok. If they want to win the league tho then a proven goalscorer is required.
Top 4 is ambitious