Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 9th / 10th Oct 2021

Lots of talk about our entrance music and stuff. I still bloody love it!! Inflatable Devil or not!!
Don't forget the dry ice, can't have either. Wouldn't want to upset the older contingent by having a bit of atmosphere!

Laugh of the night; only one poor girl has dressed in 80s clobber much to her very vocal embarrassment...

No idea what this means
We used to have dry ice machines out to create some fog in the arena before the Devils came out. Block 9 complained and then soon thereafter; no more fog!

Enjoying the game thus far, some of Reid and Sanford's dribbling has been Fournier-worthy. Crandall starting to show some neat moves too.

moggy#9

We know that the club doesn't release players, no matter what. I wonder if there's any more on the rumour of a spare import being added. Is valdix icing tonight?

Slartibartfast

That was some great hockey. Blaze are a decent team. I know it looked like we could not buy a goal for a while but a lot of that was due to Blaze being very strong defensively and Motte playing a blinder but this team always find a way.
We have rarely had a player that can stick handle through the middle of a defence (maybe Fournier) but now we have a couple.
I really don't understand why there is so much focus on the negative when there is so much to be positive about in this team.

A bit of a dicey performance from the boys tonight. Came out great guns but dropped the tempo a lot in that second period. Coventry did a really good job to figure us out offensively and I was worried they were going to notch more than one in that period. I think the biggest issue with the devils tonight was the over complicated passing plays. Don’t get me wrong, we have the skill and talent to make creative plays, but we need to learn to mix it up and pepper the net with shots, our first goal came from a rebound!
I love Carruth so much. What a character. The only thing we were missing tonight was a bit of physicality, Ben Davies got pushed around all game and I would have liked to have seen him drop the gloves at the end.
All in all, I’m glad we could respond to Coventry and I think we were deserved winners tonight.