Devils Vs Blaze - CC - 9th / 10th Oct 2021

Mazzoak

Ffs, the main arena named sponsor, Viola, went bust during lockdown. The Club have been under Covid regulations and restrictions. There has been very little in the way of income for 18 months.
Of course there is going to be little in the way of branding, a different sort of food and drink offering, additional match night entertainment only within the confines of regulations.
Let's give them some breathing space to raise income and get their support team together. Slowly and surely changes might happen.
Still the best value sporting experience in town by a country mile.
Many of the issues had been present prior to Covid. In one respect yes you are spot on, having said that, we’ve rich owners with a viable income source and many businesses are using Covid as an excuse........

Hedd Wyn John

Pretty scrappy game so far Devils should have scored 2 but ref blew early just before puck crossed the line.

Both sides look dangerous, id say Devils are edging it but at 1-1 the game could go either way. Devils still a bit sloppy with passing, they need to sort that out in p2

jenks33

1-1 after one. I think 2-1 Devils would be a fairer reflection. Both teams have had their chances but I think we’ve been more of a threat overall. We could have easily been 2-0 after 2 minutes had Thompson not blown up early. I thought he blew up a second too early, Motte didn’t look like he knew where the puck was.

Slartibartfast

Very similar start to last night. Motte saving Blaze again and Devils sometimes trying to be a bit too creative to beat him.
I think Blaze do look a bit better than they did last night so its going to be a close one again.
Great goal by Dixon. He has always been a good player but he seems to thrive on this team.

Hedd Wyn John

Huge P3 needed for the Devils, at times they've shown flashes of what they can do but they've been pretty poor I'm not gonna lie. Lots of loose passing, unforced errors in their own zone & a reliance on dump & chase. That said they were starting to get more pucks on net towards the end of p3. Carruth has been strong in goal, he's had a lot more work to do than Motte & basically kept the Devils in this.

tim78

Its the beginning of October, we're winning games. So far I think we look to be the better team in most games, why are peps letting their expectations bother them.

This is one of our best starts to a season lets get behind the team.

Slartibartfast

Devils seemed to have a complete drop in energy from the start of the 2nd. Such a contrast to the first. It culminated in Blazes second goal which Im sure will draw a major bollocking from Skalde. You cant throw your hands up in despair and stop playing because the ref has called a penalty but the opposition are still in possession of the puck.
As the commentators said this is very off brand for the Devils. Seemed to be getting their mojo back towards the end. Lets hope they find it again in the third. Come on Devils you are better than that performance