Devils Vs Blaze - League - 26th Dec 23 - FO 17:00

Swarley

Did we finally find consistency and form or are blaze just that garbage this season?

Either way it should boost the confidence a little but the top teams will be looking to humble any momentum we are building, Sheffield i hate to say it have the league in their hands and I can't see anyone stopping them other than Belfast if keefer gets his recruitment right for the second half of the season.

Hedd Wyn John

Did we finally find consistency and form or are blaze just that garbage this season?

Either way it should boost the confidence a little but the top teams will be looking to humble any momentum we are building, Sheffield i hate to say it have the league in their hands and I can't see anyone stopping them other than Belfast if keefer gets his recruitment right for the second half of the season.
Blaze are on currently sitting in 6th position, their points percentage is just. 525, on average they are scoring 3 goals a game & shipping 3.6 goals per game.

Last season they finished in 5th position on .666 points percentage & they scored on average 3.7 goals per game and conceded 2.98 goals per game.

Based on those stats it would appear that Blaze aren't as good this season.

Devil94

I mean they might have lost their last 2 but before that they won 7 on the bounce in the league, and of course that Challenge cup miracle in Belfast. Let's not pretend this was a gimme, I was expecting a real tough one and expecting the same tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Blaze are on currently sitting in 6th position, their points percentage is just. 525, on average they are scoring 3 goals a game & shipping 3.6 goals per game.

Last season they finished in 5th position on .666 points percentage & they scored on average 3.7 goals per game and conceded 2.98 goals per game.

Based on those stats it would appear that Blaze aren't as good this season.
Blaze were total garbage tonight, one of the worse displays I have seen them produce, they need some new faces but probably their budget won’t allow it.

E.D.S.

We played really well and just played simple hockey and just threw the puck on net and we were there to bury the rebounds.

Ben goal was the best goal of the season so far absolute cracker and shorthanded aswell
Agree. Alderson camped out in front of the net for long periods at times that created a massive screen - we either scored from it or there was a scramble in front of the net as both Blaze goalies couldn't track the puck. Hockey can be such a simple game at times.

Tonight was an example of the style that PR wants to play. We had so much zone time from moving the puck, making multiple line changes in the process which is how you win games - unfortunately or fortunately, Blaze aren't a team who can cope with that style of fast paced play as they have neither the speed nor the muscle to counteract it. Other teams do. It was a superb performance tonight. Near as perfect as I've seen all season but I feel other teams have enough to deal with that style.

Even though it was 8-0, I always think Clements is such a neat and tidy player at the back for Blaze. Level headed, good skater and reads the game very well. Disappointed for Kozun. Not an easy night for him.

Last edited:

Rempel16

Absolutely clinical performance tonight. Mosey had a great game, as did Crawford I felt.

That was one of those nights where we seemed to catch every bounce, every loose puck fell in our favour. Of course, you make your own luck as well.

I felt the Blaze really missed the influence of Brady Norrish tonight. He played but he usually leads by example. Tonight I didn’t notice him at all.

Last edited:

Diablo3

A few "great performance BUT" comments on this thread. Let's just take a mo and enjoy it for what it was 8 - 0 against Blaze a team that have been a thorn in our sides in recent years. We may lose the return leg tomorrow given the inconsistency of some of our games, I don't care, we won 8 - 0.

Slartibartfast

This team has so much speed and talent and it really showed in this game but they also played to their full potential. First to the puck every time, when someone was in trouble in the D, a second and third man was instantly there to rescue them and they fought and won so many battles on the boards. But there was also a slight change in tactics. There were a lot more pucks thrown at the net and importantly there was someone in front of the net to screen the goalie or pick up the rebound.

We know this team can score some beautifully worked tic tac toe goals but sometimes they have been guilty of trying too hard to get that perfect goal instead of just crashing the net and picking up the scraps in the carnage but 8 goals just shows what can be done if you keep it simple.

It reminded me of the Devils of old with a couple of Layne Ulmer style deflection goals and Andrew Lord style puck cycling that led to Moseys second.

Speaking of Devils of old, what a goal from Ben Davies. That was a great move he put on Norrish.

What a fantastic win, doubt we‘ll see a 8-0 shut out again so I’m enjoying the moment
And congratulations to Ben Bowns on his 40th shut out, well done. LETS GO DEVILS