Devils Vs Clan - 14 Dec 18 - CC 1/4 Final

RedDevil17

Duggan has 3 points in 15 games & Batch has 4 in 23 games on D. Not sure how Morissette isn't getting the points this season, as he was one of our best one on one finishers & penalty shot talet's, plus has the speed?!
Batch is a D man this year. Morrissette is a Forward and Batchy’s main job is to be a shut down stay at home D man. His job isn’t to get points just to make the D more stable just like Louis does. Morrissette’s is to score and plus Duggan has little to no ice time compared to Morissette and he’s our captain! Also look at the number of games played between the 2 this season before you make that comparison.

august04

Show some faith in the owners and management team to put this right. Their decisions and actions have been excellent over the last 4 years. Do you agree or not?
They’d better get a move on then! Players quitting, equipment manager leaving, rumours of unrest (and my experience of hockey in Cardiff is that there is no smoke without fire, like it or not) and now we’re hearing of alleged player-coach confrontations with someone getting injured as a result, Wag’s falling out. Never mind the lack of passion, guts and pride that we’re seeing week in, week out on the ice. What the hell is going on? And the corrective action so far is to bring in Schiestel - it really is time to get a move on and do something to rectify this, before this season is toast.

kingmo19.1

The Management/Lordo needs to grow a pair and ship-out the coasters!

Just imagine in the real world if you were offered a 1 year contract with an organisation that'll guarantee you'll see out the full year. Hardly performance motivating is it.

If your future is guaranteed, why bust a gut as you'll know there will be no implications.

I'm all for the club looking after players - but players who reciprocate and perform well, not those looking for a free season long meal ticket.

Slartibartfast

Being a bit of a statto I thought I would see if the stats match peoples perceptions.
First I had a look at the goals against per game. 2017 we were 2.66. This year we are 2.79 so our defensive play is only slightly worse.

Bownsys save % is almost identical to last season. 91% v 91.2% last year.

Next - goals per game. We are 4.04 this year v 4.17 last year.

Most of our top two lines are producing similar points to last season. Some are down slightly but I would expect that as players form increase through the season. Its the players on the lower lines who have seen a significant drop. (See table below)

Although Hedden is being criticised he is just under a point per game.
Reddick who took a lot of flak early season has doubled his points tally
Morrisstte and Myers are producing abut a quarter of what they did last year.
So what can we conclude from this. Well stats aren't everything but it tells me that the changes needed aren't huge. A new player on our third line could well make the difference.

Players Name GP G A PTS 2018 2017
Charles Linglet 24 11 23 34 1.42 #N/A
Gleason Fournier 24 9 20 29 1.21 0.81
Joey Martin 24 10 16 26 1.08 1.35
Matt Pope 24 8 14 22 0.92 1.10
Mike Hedden 24 5 17 22 0.92 #N/A
Sean Bentivoglio 22 7 13 20 0.91 0.93
Joey Haddad 24 6 13 19 0.79 0.84
Layne Ulmer 23 9 8 17 0.74 0.96
Stephen Dixon 24 9 7 16 0.67 #N/A
Bryce Reddick 23 5 11 16 0.70 0.34
Mark Louis 24 3 5 8 0.33 0.07
Evan Mosey 11 1 7 8 0.73 #N/A
Ben Blood 12 3 4 7 0.58 #N/A
Mark Richardson 16 0 6 6 0.38 0.42
Craig Moore 24 2 3 5 0.21 0.09
Jake Morissette 24 1 4 5 0.21 0.79
Matthew Myers 24 2 2 4 0.17 0.43
Josh Batch 23 1 3 4 0.17 0.29
Sam Duggan 15 2 1 3 0.20 #N/A
Drew Schiestel 5 1 2 3 0.60 #N/A
Toms Rutkis 12 1 1 2 0.17 0.06
Justin Faryna 9 1 0 1 0.11 0.66

Rich Best

The Management/Lordo needs to grow a pair and ship-out the coasters!

Just imagine in the real world if you were offered a 1 year contract with an organisation that'll guarantee you'll see out the full year. Hardly performance motivating is it.

If your future is guaranteed, why bust a gut as you'll know there will be no implications.

I'm all for the club looking after players - but players who reciprocate and perform well, not those looking for a free season long meal ticket.
That is so disrespectful. No words other than that.

august04

Being a bit of a statto I thought I would see if the stats match peoples perceptions.
First I had a look at the goals against per game. 2017 we were 2.66. This year we are 2.79 so our defensive play is only slightly worse.

Bownsys save % is almost identical to last season. 91% v 91.2% last year.

Next - goals per game. We are 4.04 this year v 4.17 last year.

Most of our top two lines are producing similar points to last season. Some are down slightly but I would expect that as players form increase through the season. Its the players on the lower lines who have seen a significant drop. (See table below)

Although Hedden is being criticised he is just under a point per game.
Reddick who took a lot of flak early season has doubled his points tally
Morrisstte and Myers are producing abut a quarter of what they did last year.
So what can we conclude from this. Well stats aren't everything but it tells me that the changes needed aren't huge. A new player on our third line could well make the difference.

Players Name GP G A PTS 2018 2017
Charles Linglet 24 11 23 34 1.42 #N/A
Gleason Fournier 24 9 20 29 1.21 0.81
Joey Martin 24 10 16 26 1.08 1.35
Matt Pope 24 8 14 22 0.92 1.10
Mike Hedden 24 5 17 22 0.92 #N/A
Sean Bentivoglio 22 7 13 20 0.91 0.93
Joey Haddad 24 6 13 19 0.79 0.84
Layne Ulmer 23 9 8 17 0.74 0.96
Stephen Dixon 24 9 7 16 0.67 #N/A
Bryce Reddick 23 5 11 16 0.70 0.34
Mark Louis 24 3 5 8 0.33 0.07
Evan Mosey 11 1 7 8 0.73 #N/A
Ben Blood 12 3 4 7 0.58 #N/A
Mark Richardson 16 0 6 6 0.38 0.42
Craig Moore 24 2 3 5 0.21 0.09
Jake Morissette 24 1 4 5 0.21 0.79
Matthew Myers 24 2 2 4 0.17 0.43
Josh Batch 23 1 3 4 0.17 0.29
Sam Duggan 15 2 1 3 0.20 #N/A
Drew Schiestel 5 1 2 3 0.60 #N/A
Toms Rutkis 12 1 1 2 0.17 0.06
Justin Faryna 9 1 0 1 0.11 0.66
As the saying goes, “there are lies, damned lies and statistics”. You can read whatever you want into a bunch of stats but let’s be honest, we can all see what’s going on with our own eyes, on the ice. Well, most of us anyway!

OJLloyd

I must admit, for a team who are apparently awful and not winning anything this season, being 3rd in the league, four points behind the leaders with 2 games in hand, is absolutely awful.

Sack ‘em all, let’s go and sign some 7ft tall goons who couldn’t find the net with a SatNav but who will punch some faces.

Hockeymad

I must admit, for a team who are apparently awful and not winning anything this season, being 3rd in the league, four points behind the leaders with 2 games in hand, is absolutely awful.

Sack ‘em all, let’s go and sign some 7ft tall goons who couldn’t find the net with a SatNav but who will punch some faces.
Might be a more interest game then.
Better than the shit we are watching now.

RedDevil17

No, it's disrespectful.
Why is it? Certain players aren’t giving it their all and all us fans want is for the players to give their all every game. If they cant be arsed to play for us then leave, simple as that and find players who actually want to play for us and give 100%. If this was Thommo he would’ve sacked the likes of Morissette and Pope a long time ago and that’s where I want lord to be like Thommo in terms of sacking underperforming players otherwise if it carries on we won’t win anything this season. Simple as that because atm nothing is being done to rectify the current situation.

kingmo19.1

That is so disrespectful. No words other than that.
If your happy watching players that can’t be arsed then that’s your choice!

I’d prefer to see some real passion, players playing with their heart on their sleeve, not coasters who look disinterested and are hardly breaking a sweat!

Losing doesn’t bother me as long as everyone has given 100%. Losing when some players are giving 50% (if that) is an issue.

august04

I think the sport for you might actually be boxing, not hockey.

Not denying we have been poor, but the idea that we need fights every night is ridiculous.
You’re the only poster in the entire thread that has mentioned wanting 7 foot goons fighting every night. Nobody wants that. What we do want is players giving their all - that’s not too much to ask when we’re shelling out our hard earned cash to watch them. It’s very simple really. Nobody can moan if players give 100%, win or lose. We’re miles away from that right now.

Rich Best

Why is it? Certain players aren’t giving it their all and all us fans want is for the players to give their all every game. If they cant be arsed to play for us then leave, simple as that and find players who actually want to play for us and give 100%. If this was Thommo he would’ve sacked the likes of Morissette and Pope a long time ago and that’s where I want lord to be like Thommo in terms of sacking underperforming players otherwise if it carries on we won’t win anything this season. Simple as that because atm nothing is being done to rectify the current situation.
Why is saying 'The Management/Lordo needs to grow a pair' disrespectful? Do I really need to explain that?

august04

It might be disrespectful but it’s the truth - people are getting exasperated with what they’re seeing week in week out, with the same observations being trotted out by Lord, and seemingly nothing being done about it. I think we’ve lost 8 out of the last 11 home games. That’s unacceptable - no wonder crowds are dwindling (only being held up by cheap mid week offers). I’m certainly not happy with what I’m seeing. You may be OK with labelling players the most professional you’ve ever seen, because they go for a pre-game run (!). I expect more than that!

Rich Best

It might be disrespectful but it’s the truth - people are getting exasperated with what they’re seeing week in week out, with the same observations being trotted out by Lord, and seemingly nothing being done about it. I think we’ve lost 8 out of the last 11 home games. That’s unacceptable - no wonder crowds are dwindling (only being held up by cheap mid week offers). I’m certainly not happy with what I’m seeing. You may be OK with labelling players the most professional you’ve ever seen, because they go for a pre-game run (!). I expect more than that!
I am not happy with the inconsistency in form, of course. But I have always been taught to respect people who have earnt that respect. But I guess other people have been brought up differently. The past matters a lot when it comes to respect.

kingmo19.1

I am not happy with the inconsistency in form, of course. But I have always been taught to respect people who have earnt that respect. But I guess other people have been brought up differently. The past matters a lot when it comes to respect.
Sounds like you’d like the Inferno as sterile, passive and boring as the team are playing!
It’s a forum, people are untitled to their opinion.

Ps> the players who have been costing the past 2 months certainly haven’t earned any respect and the management are losing theirs on a weekly basis by allowing this shambols to continue.

By the way, I was brought up very well, but taught not to sit on the fence with zero opinion.

zoesdevil

Batch is a D man this year. Morrissette is a Forward and Batchy’s main job is to be a shut down stay at home D man. His job isn’t to get points just to make the D more stable just like Louis does. Morrissette’s is to score and plus Duggan has little to no ice time compared to Morissette and he’s our captain! Also look at the number of games played between the 2 this season before you make that comparison.
I'm saying that their stats are similar considering Batch is on D & Duggan is a young Brit who's only played 15 games, compared to an import forward who has 5 points in 24, I wasn't having a go!!

Last edited:

Rich Best

Sounds like you’d like the Inferno as sterile, passive and boring as the team are playing!
It’s a forum, people are untitled to their opinion.

Ps> the players who have been costing the past 2 months certainly haven’t earned any respect and the management are losing theirs on a weekly basis by allowing this shambols to continue.

By the way, I was brought up very well, but taught not to sit on the fence with zero opinion.
I am quite clear about my opinion.