Devils Vs Clan - Play-off 1/4 Finals - 23/24 April 22

We were bloody awful for 50+ mins but in the playoffs the ONLY thing that really matters is the result.
On that basis, however ugly the performance, congratulations are due on a job well done!

Next weekend I’ll take any type of performance as long as we get the W!

Last edited:

moggy#9

We were bloody awful for 50+ mins but in the playoffs the ONLY thing that really matters is the result.
On that basis, however ugly the performance, congratulations are due on a job well done!

Next weekend I’ll take any type of performance as long as we get the W!
Yes, they were able to pull it out of the fire this time. But this was Glasgow. The performance showed up the frailties in the team which need to be rectified in the next few months. Frankly, any team which could shut down the CCS line would fancy their chances against us.

You’re absolutely right Moggy#9 but the one thing we have learned this season is that when we
'show up' we are capable of beating anybody and when we don’t 'show up' we are capable of losing to anybody!

Two games remain and at this stage of the season given the choice between being good or being lucky, I’ll take being lucky every time!

tim78

Erojas, surely this season it's been proven that, if we don't turn up until the last 10mins, we might or might not win the game!

And if we turn up for the full 60mins with a full squad we've won every game.

All I'm certain off is Any Given Day there's a chance. Just happy the team have made it along with the 2nd favourite team in the league (well done Dundee stars).

Mazzoak

Hats off to both coach Dupont and the team here. I will now eat my own hat here again. Well done and congratulations!!!!
Team played no different last night than under Skalde, take nothing away from the achievement, credit is due to the players who pulled it back, great effort. But no for me Dupont needs to either go or we judge him on Todd’s team selection and results next season. Franny is proven so we know what to expect and he gives it every time, so credit after the teams effort goes to Franny.

jenks33

Amongst all the excitement of getting to Nottingham we must not forget the importance of Sanford’s late goal on Saturday.
Huge goal wasn’t it. I’m not sure we’d have clawed it back had we gone to Glasgow with a 2 goal deficit. I know they say a 2 goal lead is a dangerous lead but I still think the mindset of both teams would have been a lot different yesterday had Sanford not scored that goal.

moggy#9

Huge goal wasn’t it. I’m not sure we’d have clawed it back had we gone to Glasgow with a 2 goal deficit. I know they say a 2 goal lead is a dangerous lead but I still think the mindset of both teams would have been a lot different yesterday had Sanford not scored that goal.
I feel that Sanford (along with his line mates) has been one of the bright spots to this season.

jenks33

I feel that Sanford (along with his line mates) has been one of the bright spots to this season.
Recruitment for next season will be interesting. There’s no doubting that Crandall, Cox, Sanford are talented but I think it’s fair to say that Todd might be looking to return to the Andrew Lord style of hockey. ‘Might be’ being the important words there. Maybe not exactly like Lord’s teams but closer to Lordo’s style than Skalde’s. If so then no chance will we see those 3 back. I think we will see one or two back but surely not all 3. Todd must realise that we’ve been too easy to keep to the outside this season and we need more bigger bodies.

Hockeymad

Recruitment for next season will be interesting. There’s no doubting that Crandall, Cox, Sanford are talented but I think it’s fair to say that Todd might be looking to return to the Andrew Lord style of hockey. ‘Might be’ being the important words there. Maybe not exactly like Lord’s teams but closer to Lordo’s style than Skalde’s. If so then no chance will we see those 3 back. I think we will see one or two back but surely not all 3. Todd must realise that we’ve been too easy to keep to the outside this season and we need more bigger bodies.
Those 3 you mention have unbelievable stats I definitely want those back.

I would get rid of Dixon lammon mcnulty possibly mikkelson and even mcnally

jenks33

Those 3 you mention have unbelievable stats I definitely want those back.

I would get rid of Dixon lammon mcnulty possibly mikkelson and even mcnally
I won’t mention who I’d keep and who i’d release until the seasons over but as a couple of us mentioned yesterday the standard of the league has to be taken into account this season as well. If we’re looking to change our style next season (which I think we will personally) I’m not sure we can have all 3 of those named players in our top 6 forwards. Just my opinion. It’s not that I don’t rate them!

Devil94

Crandall and Cox would be in my top 3 imports I want back the most, along with Coughler. Yes we might have been a bit on the smaller side in terms of forwards this year but you need a balance. Crandall is a very smart player and Reid wouldn't have scored the amount he has without him.

In terms of taking in to account the standard of the league when looking at stats. I don't know what people are expecting next year but it's not going to bounce right back to what it was. It's going to be more similar to this year than 2019. So a player leading the league in assists like Crandall should be one of the first to be asked back.

jenks33

Crandall and Cox would be in my top 3 imports I want back the most, along with Coughler. Yes we might have been a bit on the smaller side in terms of forwards this year but you need a balance. Crandall is a very smart player and Reid wouldn't have scored the amount he has without him.

In terms of taking in to account the standard of the league when looking at stats. I don't know what people are expecting next year but it's not going to bounce right back to what it was. It's going to be more similar to this year than 2019. So a player leading the league in assists like Crandall should be one of the first to be asked back.
I’m not asking you to disclose at this stage who you do and don’t want back but from reading your post that tells me that you’d take at least 5 of our top 6 forwards back. And probably Dixon if he does want to return (for the record I want Dixon back but I think he might call it a day). Respect your opinion but i disagree. We need changes and not just on the 3rd and 4th lines.
And the overall standard of the league might not improve drastically next year but I fully expect Belfast and Sheffield to be better then they were this year. Particularly Sheffield after their disappointing end to this season, they’ll be very strong in my opinion. We can’t stand still

Wannabe2

The cox /Sanford / coughler line is a no brainer to get back ! Size is not everything , they have all put up the points and since coughler has come in the line is fire ! For me they all are a must to have back
Totally agree, really like all three would defo want them back.

Kevin roog

Regarding the league standard, look at some of the players who have bounced around our 3rd line in recent years, mcnammee, farina, ulmer, (not exclusively 3rd liners granted) you’d take some of them back in their prime