Devils Vs Flames - 5 Dec 18 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils take on the Guildford Flames in the bay Wednesday night. Devils haven't managed a regulation win at home for a while fingers crossed this will be the one

Kevlar68

2-3. Lets hope we get another 3rd period come back.

And Dundee given Belfast a run for their money.

Last edited:
Due to not being able to get a ticket - online booking a nightmare.
Watched the Giants game in the Rummer Tavern.
Dundee were worthy winners, fairplay.
Belfast, slick,fast but imo weren't impressive. Perhaps their slump is due.
Anyway just a heads up for those who don't know, Rummer more than happy to show the hockey

Justtw

Although that wasn't the clean regulation win we all so desperately wanted, what a fantastic show from our lads tonight. Some EXTREMELY frustrating calls for both teams but overall I thought we showed a real determination tonight that I haven't seen on that scale in some time.

Still a few too many broken plays, long passes getting cut out and boys not really being in the right place but, hey, that's ice hockey. I thought both netties played incredible! Bownsy is still giving away a few easy rebounds but he's still the best man for the job.

Linglet, Hedden, Martin, Bento, Louis and of course FOURNIER are just some of the names of players who really stood out for me tonight. I thought our D was solid especially having to kill what felt like 15 minutes of penalties and considering Richie is still out.

All in all, a performance I'm happy with... Even sweeter with Belfast and Sheffield losing.

I hope this wins brings a sprinkle of positivity back to the forum!!

:D

A win yes but disagree about it being great. A few observations
1. The early season Devils showed up for last 10mins of 3rd and OT after some bad /missed calls and completely threw Guildford off their game
2. It so frustrating that we are not being clinical enough time and again generating chances but not sticking the good ones away. SOG tonight is case in point
3. Not being direct enough on PP. Again circling around the outside but no one putting pressure on the Nettie/D and no pucks being sent in.
4. Tied to 3, earlier in season we got a lot of success by using Ulmer in the slot/crease area and redirecting the puck but we are not doing that enough now.

Don’t get me wrong I’m stoked that we won and the other results went our way. I just want us to go back to playing like that last 10mins from the start of the game.