Devils Vs Flames - Play-Off Semi Final - 30th April 2022

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
It’s the last weekend of hockey and it’s featuring some unaccustomed teams. Devils face the Flames at the NIC for the right to play in the grand final. We’ve had some great tilts with the Flames over the league season and it’s certainly not all been our way so should be a great match. It’s on premier sports if you can’t afford the fee or your liver will no longer handle a weekend in Nottingham.

moggy#9

If the team can't be up for this one, they won't be up for anything.

What concerns me is that Paul Dixon is no mug. He'll have a game plan, probably to keep men back and clog up the middle. If they were to sneak a goal ahead I wonder if we could get it back.

E.D.S.

I just want us to be competitive and I want to see that the guys understand the importance of this tournament. Yes, we know it's not a 'proper' playoff series, akin to the NHL, but it's still a prestige event for this league and a hell of a lot of fun for the good folk that have sold a kidney to attend in person - the boys need to put on a good show!! Physicality, intensity and create enough time and space for Register and Crandall to dictate this game.

moggy#9

I just want us to be competitive and I want to see that the guys understand the importance of this tournament. Yes, we know it's not a 'proper' playoff series, akin to the NHL, but it's still a prestige event for this league and a hell of a lot of fun for the good folk that have sold a kidney to attend in person - the boys need to put on a good show!! Physicality, intensity and create enough time and space for Register and Crandall to dictate this game.
Let's not forget the continental cup place riding on this. If Belfast win, the place goes to Sheffield.

moggy#9

This is one competition I've not seen and would love the devil's to win which is a strong possibility. Go Devs
Yeah, given Nottingham's previous achievement the argument by some against the CHL, that we can't win it and it's therefore pointless competing, is moot.

jenks33

Well we deserve the Final, as does Belfast, it’s ours to grasp and take to the wire, we are fully capable of reaching it.
‘We’ Mazzoak?! But you don’t care if the Devils win or come bottom right? You just love the sport, Cardiff just happens to be the place you live…haha :):)

Joking aside I didn’t post the screenshot to get into a slanging match. Just wanted to highlight that Meridian and I weren’t going mad the other day when we questioned whether you’re actually a devils fan or not…

B007EF66-80E1-473D-B0C6-346F6748A8D6.png

Mazzoak

‘We’ Mazzoak?! But you don’t care if the Devils win or come bottom right? You just love the sport, Cardiff just happens to be the place you live…haha :):)

Joking aside I didn’t post the screenshot to get into a slanging match. Just wanted to highlight that Meridian.

View attachment 1813
Ive not hidden anything and I’ve explained my rational several times. In fact I’ve written previously if memory serves me right l said “For those hard of hearing” or something similar.

To give context my point is I’m a fan of hockey, I’m not a die hard club fan that feels the pain of a loss, I don’t have a football type mentality. I don’t care who l watch or who wins, who doesn’t, l honestly don’t. I’ve gone to other clubs to watch games, I’m more than happy to watch Sheffield play Belfast or any other game the Devils aren’t involved. If the EIHL stopped and hockey didn't continue in the U.K. or if the Devils no longer existed, wouldn’t bother me, it’s a social hobby that of course l enjoy, I’m not going to throw myself of a bridge if it stoped, I’ve more than enough to fill my life with beyond UK hockey. Now if that confuses you or Meridian or anybody else, I’ve really not got anything to add, there’s a mute button, l use it, everyone feel free to &those already doing so & reading this ;) please continue. I’ll continue to express my opinions as a hockey fan, I’m entitled to.

Last edited:

Rempel16

Ive not hidden anything and I’ve explained my rational several times. In fact I’ve written previously if memory serves me right l said “For those hard of hearing” or something similar.

To give context my point is I’m a fan of hockey, I’m not a die hard club fan that feels the pain of a loss, I don’t have a football type mentality. I don’t care who l watch or who wins, who doesn’t, l honestly don’t. I’ve gone to other clubs to watch games, I’m more than happy to watch Sheffield play Belfast or any other game the Devils aren’t involved. If the EIHL stopped and hockey didn't continue in the U.K. or if the Devils no longer existed, wouldn’t bother me, it’s a social hobby that of course l enjoy, I’m not going to throw myself of a bridge if it stoped, I’ve more than enough to fill my life with beyond UK hockey. Now if that confuses you or Meridian or anybody else, I’ve really not got anything to add, there’s a mute button, l use it, everyone feel free to &those already doing so & reading this ;) please continue. I’ll continue to express my opinions as a hockey fan, I’m entitled to.
So you wrote that whole post just to confirm that what Jenks said is right. You’re not a Devils fan, just a hockey fan. Therefore your terminology of ‘we’ doesn’t apply.

jenks33

Well, it was certainly a revealing post in my opinion.

As I said though, I wasn’t looking for a slanging match so we’ll leave it there.

Anyway, back to the topic of this thread. I think it’s going to be a tight one on Saturday. I’ll go 3-2 to the Devils after OT

Rempel16

Literally a game that could end with us blowing them out or them sneaking a narrow win.

I can’t see losing by more than 1, or possibly 2 with an empty netter.

Cue- 12-0 to Guildford

jenks33

Literally a game that could end with us blowing them out or them sneaking a narrow win.

I can’t see losing by more than 1, or possibly 2 with an empty netter.

Cue- 12-0 to Guildford
The start worries me. To be fair we started well last Saturday but it’s generally been a problem for us all season. And you know Guildford will come out buzzing around the ice as usual. I don’t think we look as confident or prolific in front of goal as we did a couple of months ago so i would fear for us getting back into the game if we fall a couple of goals behind. Still tho, I’ll go 3-2 Devils.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

The start worries me. To be fair we started well last Saturday but it’s generally been a problem for us all season. And you know Guildford will come out buzzing around the ice as usual. I don’t think we look as confident or prolific in front of goal we we did a couple of months ago so i would fear for us getting back into the game if we fall a couple of goals behind. Still tho, I’ll go 3-2 Devils.
If there is a change it could be down to Dupont, hopefully we can shrug of that demon and come up with a different approach, one that will catch them off guard. Should be interesting, if it’s the same approach and 3 rd period chase, well that means less returnees…..

Last edited: