Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

I just don’t get it. Challenging the best CHL and ruining all the domestic teams one month and suddenly to this dross. How? I’ve never seen a team go from so dominant to getting hammered. It’s incredible.

KaneDevils

The main reason I stopped posting on here, was due to people criticising others for "over reacting" to a bad defeat, or a series of defeats. It's ok, we will bounce back, don't get so critical. No. It isn't alright. You have to be honest as best you can, and as defending champs, and up until recently, almost invincible, this result and recent performances are not ok. Something, whatever that is, isn't right, and it needs rectifying soon.

I have to say, Imho, those who say, ahhh it's ok, bad day at the office, simply lack passion and may only go to the game for something to do. So leave the others, who are perhaps more emotionally involved, to their opinions. Say it as it is, or there's little point in saying anything!!

matbur

The main reason I stopped posting on here, was due to people criticising others for "over reacting" to a bad defeat, or a series of defeats. It's ok, we will bounce back, don't get so critical. No. It isn't alright. You have to be honest as best you can, and as defending champs, and up until recently, almost invincible, this result and recent performances are not ok. Something, whatever that is, isn't right, and it needs rectifying soon.

I have to say, Imho, those who say, ahhh it's ok, bad day at the office, simply lack passion and may only go to the game for something to do. So leave the others, who are perhaps more emotionally involved, to their opinions. Say it as it is, or there's little point in saying anything!!
But you just end up with hysterical reactions which look ridiculous in a few months time...

Pope#42

Tonight was disappointing but unfortunately not a surprise to me given our recent form. I just hope we can regroup and get back to winning form sooner rather than later.

Credit to Belfast though - they were great in every department tonight and I can see them winning a lot this season. Once again, Keefe rolled out the game play from the CC final game and it worked. They outplayed us in every department and they certainly looked like they were enjoying themselves! 14 wins from 15 games if I’m not mistaken and after seeing them tonight I’m really not surprised. Keefe has made some great signings in the off season - Beskorwany and Baun the standouts. Can’t remember the last time I saw a player on the scoresheet 4 times in one game?! I wasn’t a fan of the goal review when they already had the game in the bag but hey, that’s just me.

Rich Best

I am one of the happy clappers and always like to see the positive, but that was pretty dire. The main things that upset me were the compete level and desire. Only benti seemed up for it tonight. Quite a few players underperforming physically at the moment. The stick detail was also unusually poor. When we were playing well a few weeks ago we seemed to cycle the puck behind the net. That has noticeably stopped recently, meaning our time spent in the offensive zone is lower.

matbur

@KaneDevils
I disagree, the forum is riddled with such posts due to situations getting blown out of proportion on here. If we go on a win streak so be it, but some people here act like the team that have everything to prove, when in fact, they've been the best they can be. I'd say they've earned our trust and faith to make the right decisions and come good again, without all the overreacting and nonsense.

kingmo19.1

Not sure what’s happening but obviously something isn’t right at the moment -
Or has something changed we are not aware of? I’m mystified how quickly we’ve gone from looking an excellent side to a darn god awful one.

Hedd Wyn John

1 wim in 4 in regulation tome against the bottom of the league is not acceptable we are the champions and some of our players are not performing ,our netminder is only as good as our defefence which is not good at the moment we need a stay at home d man to sort this out come on Lord and Kelman sign a d man someone to protect our netminder
The Devils look like a glass cannon right now. The D just isn’t there. After the slow & laboured won over MK yesterday I was worried about us playing the Giants and felt a loss was on the cards tonight. I didn’t imagine this scoreline. We’ve seen it a few times now, devils concede a couple of goals early, get frustrated & start conceding pens but tonight the Giants were just better in every way.

Hedd Wyn John

I hate to put blame on the officials but they were pretty poor tonight, generally speaking officials do a decent job.
Poor officials is one thing but worse is when your own team is committing blatant fouls because their struggling to defend, & that’s what was happening. Yes there’s always 1 or 2 questionable calls but from what I saw the Devils deserved each penalty & more could have been called against us.

Devils86

with giants performance tonight they will romp the league.. they eased up in 3rd period. Think we need a new leader on the ice imho.....
Yes if the Giants play like tonight every game from now until the end of the season then yes they will walk away with the title. If they do that then they deserve to be champions. But I’m going to predict they too will go through a bad patch.

Yes they were good but we were awful. I’d like to see an in-form us against them. Tonight wasn’t a contest.

There is so much hockey to play yet, talk of us walking to the title is being derided elsewhere - same with everyone else teams go through patches (good form and bad form), Giants are in form but who knows what will happen.

Interesting listening to TK before tonight’s match about Duggan and Mosey - I would hope we are still in the market on the D because we are struggling.

This slump however will make (IMO) a perfect breeding ground for a hungry and angry JF to return soon.

Leader wise - we have leaders throughout the team but when they all struggle it’s difficult. Not sure with the dressing room you can just shoehorn in a ‘new’ leader...

I would be repeating myself, and I would correctly be scorned by a lot of people, and it’s not realistic...but...

You know what we need? Imagine the uplift if we managed to bring back Hotham. Extra body in the D - drops the gloves when needed, and off the ice would be a shot in the arm to the fans and Devils generally.

Shame.

@KaneDevils
I disagree, the forum is riddled with such posts due to situations getting blown out of proportion on here. If we go on a win streak so be it, but some people here act like the team that have everything to prove, when in fact, they've been the best they can be. I'd say they've earned our trust and faith to make the right decisions and come good again, without all the overreacting and nonsense.
Thing is doesnt that defeat the object of a forum, to sit back and just say have faith, everything will be fine, well why not just shut the forum down until the final buzzer of the playoffs when everything is done and dusted, I've never understood the issue with people venting their thoughts on a fan forum, the Devils season will pan out in exactly the same way so why can't people just give their thoughts without the endless "trust Lord" "trust Kelman" "trust the Calgary 4", I'm pretty sure everyone does, but it's fine to criticise when we have games like tonight

Foxy

I am one of the happy clappers and always like to see the positive, but that was pretty dire. The main things that upset me were the compete level and desire. Only benti seemed up for it tonight. Quite a few players underperforming physically at the moment. The stick detail was also unusually poor. When we were playing well a few weeks ago we seemed to cycle the puck behind the net. That has noticeably stopped recently, meaning our time spent in the offensive zone is lower.
Bloody hell nearly dropped my laptop ............... lol

Hedd Wyn John

I have no wish to blow anything out of proportion..... but I would love to know where the team are that demolished Fife.
Good question I think a couple of players might be carrying a few injuries (Ritchie looking slower than usual) , Haddad just not showing his usual zip plus Blood leaving has changed things. Also teams have watched how they play and adapted their style.

matbur

Thing is doesnt that defeat the object of a forum, to sit back and just say have faith, everything will be fine, well why not just shut the forum down until the final buzzer of the playoffs when everything is done and dusted, I've never understood the issue with people venting their thoughts on a fan forum, the Devils season will pan out in exactly the same way so why can't people just give their thoughts without the endless "trust Lord" "trust Kelman" "trust the Calgary 4", I'm pretty sure everyone does, but it's fine to criticise when we have games like tonight
Personally, I visit here to read/engage in discussion and debate with people who're passionate as I am about the Devils. The hysteria and overaction though just seems pretty dumbed down when you consider everything that has been delivered on and off the ice - I find that hard to get my head around when the blueprint this organisation has has delivered in spades! Obviously, that's not to say we're guaranteed ongoing success, but don't they deserve the benefit of doubt.

Yes, everyone's super frustrated but how on earth would you guys react if we were at the bottom of the table?

Perhaps if some posters are as big a fans as they make out to be, then perhaps they ought to think before they type and show the team the respect they deserve and earned.

Personally, I visit here to read/engage in discussion and debate with people who're passionate as I am about the Devils. The hysteria and overaction though just seems pretty dumbed down when you consider everything that has been delivered on and off the ice - I find that hard to get my head around when the blueprint this organisation has has delivered in spades! Obviously, that's not to say we're guaranteed ongoing success, but don't they deserve the benefit of doubt.

Yes, everyone's super frustrated but how on earth would you guys react if we were at the bottom of the table?

Perhaps if some posters are as big a fans as they make out to be, then perhaps they ought to think before they type and show the team the respect they deserve and earned.
But who are you going to engage and debate with if everyone take the same line as you that everything will be fine in the end, every single game thread would be 2 posts long, "we lost" "yeah dont worry everything will be fine" or " we won" "yep everything will be fine"

Not much to engage or debate there