Devils Vs Giants - 19+20 Jan 19 - League

Devil_Abroad

Ive watched the highlights and the last couple of games the picture has looked blurred. Think i mentioned it on the last game thread. Normally the clarity is brilliant but have to be honest i would be disappointed if i had paid for the webcast.
I have mentioned to Icetimetv that their picture quality this season is no longer the HD quality it was last season.

They say nothing has changed.

It is a shame as their picture quality was as good as Sheffiled last year.

Wannabe2

The pictures leaving the camera is exactly the same, and is easily compatible to Sheffield’s, both the weekends Webcast were spot on, with the exception of the first 10mins of the first period Saturday, and that wasn’t a camera problem.

Devil_Abroad

The pictures leaving the camera is exactly the same, and is easily compatible to Sheffield’s, both the weekends Webcast were spot on, with the exception of the first 10mins of the first period Saturday, and that wasn’t a camera problem.
We have exactly the same equipment at home as we had last year, it has definitely changed.

The website has changed its presentation of the feed so that’s definitely a change.

Rich Best

Ah, my Forum Stalker - how are you this evening ? During our earlier slump whereby we were losing to all and sundry which included numerous home losses to teams at the foot of the table with loads of players out of form, I did ask the coach to 'grow a pair'. Growing a pair could be related to laying it on the line to underperforming players and absolutely demanding more ! Wasn't Lordo "absolutely disgusted" after one of our performances ?

I can't quite recall if it was to gas Mo, but I'm sure you've already got the thread at hand?

Coaches/teams/players normally get royally praised when doing well but can come in for some criticism when underperforming - by fans and their coaches!
No you're really not that important to me! But the extremity of your posts did stick in my mind. I just find it funny now to be honest, it was always clearly a ridiculous overreaction.

I don't know how much this management team actually needs to do to gain the faith of some fans on this forum. Will 3 in a row do it? Or will it take more than that??

Wagstaff

Have to admit I haven’t had a webcast from you, but a couple of weeks ago I watched the highlights show on freesports and actually commented to my lad about how good the picture was from your home game, could it be down to internet speeds either around the rink or in the receivers location.
When I worked in computers people used to complain about the computer performance and a lot of the time it was down to internet connection quality, it’s not all about the speed!

jimmy snels

No you're really not that important to me! But the extremity of your posts did stick in my mind. I just find it funny now to be honest, it was always clearly a ridiculous overreaction.

I don't know how much this management team actually needs to do to gain the faith of some fans on this forum. Will 3 in a row do it? Or will it take more than that??
so if we watch dire hockey at home for over a month we shouldn't comment on it? come on this "i told you so" attitude is really taking away from what i thought was an excellent performance this weekend. whos to say the criticism didnt inspire them to play better previously? i for one will comment on a game by game (if i see the game only generally) basis but also positive or negative as i feel required. as a forum you can expect all view points. that makes for debate and talking points. if we all just came on here to blow smoke up the owners arses, say lord does everything right and every player is amazing this would be an extremely boring place. i for one enjoy reading what others see. who they think is doing well. who they think isnt. you might not always agree and this is where debate starts and makes it INTERESTING.

kingmo19.1

Hiya, hiya Rich, evening! .... Glad to see your back !!! What do you mean I'm not that important to you? Ah, that's a little disappointing to hear as you seem extremely eager to respond to almost everything I post. I'll take that as a compliment :)

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, it's a Forum where people can air their views and debate opinion. If we all agreed on everything it would be a pretty boring place and we wouldn't need a forum would we.

There are many posts on here that I disagree with, but I tend to hold the line of calling people out and highlighting what I feel is a 'ridiculous overreaction' (your words).

The bottom line for a long period of time we were pants, getting stuffed at home by all and sundry and throwing in gutless performances. I was disgusted (oh, and so was Lordo - his words too). I think he certainly grew a pair and put what was wrong right! .... Maybe a few people had to leave to smooth the way !!!!!!!!!

kingmo19.1

Its like Holmes and Moriarty, they disagree on many things but need each other.
I try and keep him at a distance, but he’s very persistent! :)

I’ve told him many times ..... it ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so!

Rich Best

so if we watch dire hockey at home for over a month we shouldn't comment on it? come on this "i told you so" attitude is really taking away from what i thought was an excellent performance this weekend. whos to say the criticism didnt inspire them to play better previously? i for one will comment on a game by game (if i see the game only generally) basis but also positive or negative as i feel required. as a forum you can expect all view points. that makes for debate and talking points. if we all just came on here to blow smoke up the owners arses, say lord does everything right and every player is amazing this would be an extremely boring place. i for one enjoy reading what others see. who they think is doing well. who they think isnt. you might not always agree and this is where debate starts and makes it INTERESTING.
I only single out people with (in my opinion) ridiculously over the top comments - which does of course start debate. I know I post what others think.

If you look at our record this year we really didn't do that bad for that long at all...??!! This is the bit I don't understand, it was just a blip.

My friend King MO was ironically very over the top about his namesake 'Mo' - so I disagreed directly with him at the time. I actually asked a serious question a few days ago about how he felt Mo has played since. Haven't had an answer to that as yet.

Mo has played excellently over the last 2 months in my opinion, and has again proven to be Captain fantastic. I like Mo - he is a great guy, and I like any player who dives in front of pucks repeatedly for his team. That kind of tells me where his heart is, and that he is a true devil. I want players like that in the team. {Side note - I loved the way duggan dived in front of pucks this weekend!}

Yet again we are succeeding by coaching not sacking. Long may that last. That is my opinion. A coach that recruits and sacks repeatedly, is not a real coach in my opinion. You should trust your players and work with them to get the best out of them across the season. Our coach and management team have so earned our faith to do that. We may not win the league this year, but I would still keep faith in the process and the management team we have in place, personally. We don't play in a vacuum - there are 10 other teams doing all they can to topple us.

I thought Hedden was disappointing in October and November - but a) I didnt call him out publicly, I did to friends and b) I had faith he would turn it round, you could see glimpses. He is playing amazingly now. I think when players are not on form, it can appear like they are not giving 100% - whereas sometimes they are actually trying too hard. When they hit form it flows, they find the right positions at the right time. Less is more. Form is a strange thing.

All opinions are my own, they just differ to yours.

kingmo19.1

I only single out people with (in my opinion) ridiculously over the top comments - which does of course start debate. I know I post what others think.

If you look at our record this year we really didn't do that bad for that long at all...??!! This is the bit I don't understand, it was just a blip.

My friend King MO was ironically very over the top about his namesake 'Mo' - so I disagreed directly with him at the time. I actually asked a serious question a few days ago about how he felt Mo has played since. Haven't had an answer to that as yet.

Mo has played excellently over the last 2 months in my opinion, and has again proven to be Captain fantastic. I like Mo - he is a great guy, and I like any player who dives in front of pucks repeatedly for his team. That kind of tells me where his heart is, and that he is a true devil. I want players like that in the team. {Side note - I loved the way duggan dived in front of pucks this weekend!}

Yet again we are succeeding by coaching not sacking. Long may that last. That is my opinion. A coach that recruits and sacks repeatedly, is not a real coach in my opinion. You should trust your players and work with them to get the best out of them across the season. Our coach and management team have so earned our faith to do that. We may not win the league this year, but I would still keep faith in the process and the management team we have in place, personally. We don't play in a vacuum - there are 10 other teams doing all they can to topple us.

I thought Hedden was disappointing in October and November - but a) I didnt call him out publicly, I did to friends and b) I had faith he would turn it round, you could see glimpses. He is playing amazingly now. I think when players are not on form, it can appear like they are not giving 100% - whereas sometimes they are actually trying too hard. When they hit form it flows, they find the right positions at the right time. Less is more. Form is a strange thing.

All opinions are my own, they just differ to yours.

Hiya, hiya Rich, good to see you are still alive and well !! It’s very endearing and sweet to read that you “like Mo” and think “he’s a great guy” and he’s your “Captain fantastic”. That nice Rich, very nice.

I can therefore understand you leaping to his defence should somebody call him out for his sub-par performances over the first few months of the season. I believe that was the widespread opinion on here. You might not have liked reading it Rich, but it was true.

Just because he’s the Captain and throws himself in front of a few incoming pucks doesn’t mean he’s a God! It doesn’t take the most skilful player to throw himself to the ground in front of a shot! His stats were dire the first 3 months of the season. And please don’t retort to that old ‘he’s a shut-down forward or a defensive PK forward’! He’s a forward and his stats were totally lame. He played loads of minutes on the PP and during o/t and things didn’t improve until mid December! He was called out by numerous fans and rightly so.

He’s now playing much better and that has also been recognised. So you have to have balance - I’m all for praising players when they are playing well but let’s not be scared to call them out when it’s sub-par just Incas e we offend someone because they personally like a player!