Devils Vs Giants - League - 16th Oct 2021

Wannabe2

It’s also about respect for your fellow fan, and respect for your club, we would all wish we didn’t have to wear one, and that things were back to normal, but that’s not the case and it’s hardly torture wearing one for awhile. It does really seem to be a certain age group that ignore the rules and don’t give a toss, but those idiots are putting others at risk, and the clubs future also at risk but that’s okay they have only been going a short while, and if it closes they just move on, leaving the poor buggers who are doing everything right in the crap.

pjj365

The bottom line is that mask wearing is not voluntary and it is not the Devils being cautious - it's a legal requirement which is left to the venue to enforce. It's not just the risk of infection that puts the club at a risk but also a failure to enforce the law

Wannabe2

Getting back to the game can’t wait for this one, this is one that’s going to test us and show us where we are, going to miss McNally hugely for this one. Need Carruth to stand on his head and need to bring our A game to this encounter, need to raise the roof and to be the extra player, so come on you beauties show us just how good you are. Happy Hockey Days.

matbur

Has the mask situation improved at all? I went to a game a few weeks back and was not too impressed with compliance. Really want to go this week, but have reservations.
I've got to say, this is ruining my experience so far this season as a STH. I used to love our seats but recently, every game we have the same woman screaming at the players constantly (and I mean constantly), waving her arm across my face, in the next seat without a mask. The other week, I felt her spit on my face. She doesn't even have a ticket for the actual seat and buys a cheaper one and moves into it as it's a single seat between STH's!! I'm sure she's a nice person but her lack of self awareness really is seriously something else.

I'm really not enjoying going and it's getting to a point where I'm going to just lose it and tell her straight, as I really don't think the staff would do anything about.

Kevlar68

If you know it's definitely not the ticket she bought tell the steward. At the end of the day it's not fair on you and she's conning the Devils out of a couple quid every game.

Ocko

Does mask wearing have to take over every game thread?

The moaning is getting tedious. Can you start a ‘mask watch’ thread to talk about mask wearing so I can elect to ignore it? Or better still make your complaints known to the club. Compared to most venues in Wales I think it’s been pretty good on the whole.

ASHIPP

Inspectors (Environmental Health Officers) out in force this weekend. Enforcement action is on the horizon. I even need a Covid Pass to go racing this weekend.
And these people really do exist and take it very seriously. COVID Enforcement Officers still have the right to spot check premises and see if businesses are complying. I work in food retail.... 6 months ago, a similar business on the same street was given 24 hours to put in place social distancing signage and markings, and a mask wearing policy clearly displayed or they were facing a huge fine.

august04 2.0

Does mask wearing have to take over every game thread?

The moaning is getting tedious. Can you start a ‘mask watch’ thread to talk about mask wearing so I can elect to ignore it? Or better still make your complaints known to the club. Compared to most venues in Wales I think it’s been pretty good on the whole.
It may be tedious to you but there are many people with serious concerns for the wellbeing of themselves and their families. I certainly don’t class it as “moaning” and it’s about time the club got serious about this, because in my opinion, it's getting worse.

hip check

Do you honestly think a mask stops you catching the virus? Less chance maybe but that's about it,

the mask clearly let's in air and let's you breath out otherwise you would struggle to breath.

It certainly helps and personally I feel safer wearing one and will carry on doing so.

E.D.S.

bit nervous about this weekend. Come Monday we could feasibly be sat on two losses against major rivals which would make for an interesting time on this forum. Conversely, it could be two wins from two.

I’m not feeling confident at all given the CHL game even though every part of me is telling me to get a grip - we aren’t playing CHL calibre opposition but I saw how we played against Coventry which was definitely a CHL hangover game.

Come on boys. We’re going to have to dig deep here. If Duggan is out again and McNally, I struggle to see where the energy will come from.

Hedd Wyn John

I've got to say, this is ruining my experience so far this season as a STH. I used to love our seats but recently, every game we have the same woman screaming at the players constantly (and I mean constantly), waving her arm across my face, in the next seat without a mask. The other week, I felt her spit on my face. She doesn't even have a ticket for the actual seat and buys a cheaper one and moves into it as it's a single seat between STH's!! I'm sure she's a nice person but her lack of self awareness really is seriously something else.

I'm really not enjoying going and it's getting to a point where I'm going to just lose it and tell her straight, as I really don't think the staff would do anything about.
Block 20 row G by any chance?

Hedd Wyn John

Devils to win this one. Giants few problems still to iron out with systems and full roster. Going with Devils to win by a 2 goal scoreline and also win in the physical game.
I reckon it'll be tight, Devils still giving up too many odd-man rushes & Giants are always a tough team with plenty of tricks up their sleeves.