Devils Vs Giants - League - 22nd Jan 22

Wannabe2

I am totally with Ocko. I can’t see Waller going anywhere myself he made a big jump up from Guildford to Cardiff, he is obviously being looked after by our club, he is blossoming under our guidance, lives in a great city with great team mates, and has a chance every year of silverware. I would be very shocked to hear of him departing myself, think he is here for the long run.

moggy#9

I can. He’s got wheels but is still some way off the complete package (his hockey sense needs work). He will be 23 at the start of the new season, the junior boat has sailed and whilst we’ve been surprised how good he can be he isn’t going to a top European league with those stats.

Who do you think would be interested in him?
I'm not sure what the import rules are in second tier euro leagues, but I could see him doing well there, or if someone like lordo would give him a tryout in the echl. He's been shown to be as good as some off the imports over here. If he has a good world champs he'd get some attention.

kingmo19.1

Yes we may get slated sometimes for being so negative sometimes but a lot of people on this forum have been armchair coaches for a long time so not only can we see when something is wrong but often have a good idea of what (or who) needs changing to put it right. Personally I have been sat on my fat arse giving my opinion on this team for 32 years. :)
In the real world, many of the Forum Armchair Coaches would have been sacked 40-50 times each by now :):):)

Ocko

I'm not sure what the import rules are in second tier euro leagues, but I could see him doing well there, or if someone like lordo would give him a tryout in the echl. He's been shown to be as good as some off the imports over here. If he has a good world champs he'd get some attention.
It’s usually around 2-4 for the 2nd tier Euro leagues. Which, IMO doesn’t give him even a look. Euro teams want to bring in experienced imports so assist their own youngsters and he is nowhere near the ability of those imports. He could maybe go to Alps league or whatever it’s called these days but that’s not a stepping stone to bigger and better things, that’s a one year deal playing somewhere obscure with no progression and less money than the EIHL.

In terms of ECHL the same principle exists, teams are affiliated to NHL and AHL teams. The prospects with NHL/AHL deals get the ice time with experienced players supplementing them. Players with his ability are 10 to a penny in those leagues. ECHL teams are currently rolling 3 lines with roster sizes limited to 16 skaters - he has close to zero chance of getting over there.

moggy#9

It’s usually around 2-4 for the 2nd tier Euro leagues. Which, IMO doesn’t give him even a look. Euro teams want to bring in experienced imports so assist their own youngsters and he is nowhere near the ability of those imports. He could maybe go to Alps league or whatever it’s called these days but that’s not a stepping stone to bigger and better things, that’s a one year deal playing somewhere obscure with no progression and less money than the EIHL.

In terms of ECHL the same principle exists, teams are affiliated to NHL and AHL teams. The prospects with NHL/AHL deals get the ice time with experienced players supplementing them. Players with his ability are 10 to a penny in those leagues. ECHL teams are currently rolling 3 lines with roster sizes limited to 16 skaters - he has close to zero chance of getting over there.
Interesting. Thanks. I guess we'll see in the summer.