Devils Vs Giants - Sunday 12th Jan - 6pm - Chat

Skippy

Thread starter #1
Tonight sees the Giants make the trip to Cardiff for the return
leg of this weekends double header.

We will be running the “ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased” and “Pantomime Script” like Match Night Live service for this game, expect name calling, slurs and one eyed bias in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

We will be updating you live from the Inferno “News desk” at the rink thanks to the great guys at Analysis Technologies. If you’d like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Also if you can't make it down and you don't want to miss any of the action and reading the game isn’t enough you can get the on Devils live TV here http://cardiffdevilstv.net/ for a jolly reasonable £8

Re: Devils Vs Giants - Sunday 12th Jan - 6pm - Chat

It should be a much closer game tonight in Cardiff. You have won 7 of their last 8 home games including beating the Steelers 3 times and the Panthers in that run.

Think we may just edge it but it will be close.

Szwez has scored 6 and assisted on 3 against you guys this season so he's the one to keep quiet. I thought Plumton might of done a bit more last night with the team falling so far behind but he was very quiet, the game was not that physical either last night, but hopefully a good one tonight.

DevilDom

oneill said:
It should be a much closer game tonight in Cardiff. You have won 7 of their last 8 home games including beating the Steelers 3 times and the Panthers in that run.

Szwez has scored 6 and assisted on 3 against you guys this season so he's the one to keep quiet. I thought Plumton might of done a bit more last night with the team falling so far behind but he was very quiet, the game was not that physical either last night, but hopefully a good one tonight.
I think you will win comfortably again.

The reason Plumpton or the rest of the team probably never played a physical game is due to how short benched we are particularly on D together with the fact we are in the middle of a crazy schedule of games. Add in our record of incurring bans when playing arena teams either through vindictive reviews or over zealous refs and the team probably thought whats the point? There are only a few teams "allowed" to be play physical hockey and stand up to other teams in this league and unfortunately Devils aren't one of them. I'm not happy about it but expect to see the majority of the remaining Devils away games being like this. A dull reality unfortunately.

Sheincar

Twitter from @BrentPope04 re face off delay " aiming for 15min max, we will be quick"

Sheincar said:
Twitter from @BrentPope04 re face off delay " aiming for 15min max, we will be quick"
Nothing on Devils website yet again, we don't all use Twitter.

oneill said:

What did you expect from Plumton,we were short benched and had four D men didn't we? Hope we will give you a better game tonight.I wonder with Blight back will Max be asked to drop back to d.

Sheincar

Snogdogs said:
Sheincar said:
Nothing on Devils website yet again, we don't all use Twitter.
I know, that's why I posted on here. Not an announcement by BP but an answer to a direct question.

Have Hope#35

showboat said:
Horror show at the BBT, :DWD
That's what you get when the 'Entrepeneur Millionaire Owner' doesn't do anything about players leaving and half a team of Injured Players! Absolute joke... We'll struggle to lose to Fife by less than 4 goals at this rate. Morissette to add to the injured list now as well! Knocked out during the warm up by a devils player apparently?

Horror Horror show at the bbt, biggest wake up call ever, no more excuses, we aint good enough :DWD

voth26

showboat said:
Horror Horror show at the bbt, biggest wake up call ever, no more excuses, we aint good enough :DWD
We arent good enough because we are missing 5 or 6 players such as richie, blight to start with, certain players like tyson lord plumton mac are logging huge amounts of minutes. If the pair of idiots who run the club spent more time actually doing what they say they are going to do ie sign a d man as far as i know i havent seen any names mentioned!!! Instead they spend their time blowing smoke out of their asses and lurching from one situation to another. Pope is going to bugger off to
God knows where for few weeks. So what the hell do you except if i was a current devils player i would have told pope sod you im off but they havent why because they are professional players which is something this club USED to be

Best hockey team I've seen in the Elite League.
We didn't offer much and am obviously massively disappointed.
Totally owned my a team that has everything, hard to take but Belfast will and are totally walking it this year.
I don't blame the coach BTW.

Paul Sullivan

Marty said:
Best hockey team I've seen in the Elite League.
We didn't offer much and am obviously massively disappointed.
Totally owned my a team that has everything, hard to take but Belfast will and are totally walking it this year.
I don't blame the coach BTW.
The Giants are an excellent team, but for me they do not compare to the Panthers team of last season. That is easily the best team I have seen in the EIHL era, even allowing for the 2010-11 'Weller' team and the brilliance of guys like Jon Pelle.

BostonBart22

dont care who reads this but that was shocking, SPINELESS,GUTLESS,NO PRIDE OR PASSION, and belfast strolled the 3rd period. :(

For a second I thought the devils were going to make a resplendent comeback. We were outplayed outclassed and out gunned. There is a positive though..... I quite like the green stiching

ASHIPP

How many minutes of ice time do you think some of our guys logged tonight? Double and triple shifting. What do you think the consequences of that are going to be? Extreme fatigue, poor results and, yes, probably more injuries.

I noted one absence from Giants' roster - a team so consistent and so superior that they will have virtually walked the League by the end of Jan ....and will possibly win the treble.

Devils put out 12 skaters tonight. What do people realistically expect. Our guys are trying to conserve themselves for Tuesday in Fife. Club needs to take stock and take action. To reduce fatigue and avoid further injuries before we can even consider being competitive, the Team needs more bodies and fast.

It's a very sad state of affairs. I feel desperately sorry for the players flogging their guts out. Some showed real professionalism tonight despite the scoreline

The Club need to find a new coach along with those extra players. Good luck in the search for that....think the Club are in for a difficult time recruiting next season.