Devils Vs lusanne

mjh

Tonight is why I'm desperate for the worst of covid and restrictions are behind us. Pure unadulterated joy. That was unbelievable and good for the soul! Have to admit I was a little worried after Thursday. What a difference a few days makes. Cox was a beast, Sandford unplayable and Carruth is clearly insane (watch his warm up. The man is mad). He'll be a cult hero. Had so much fun. Who knew Todd could coach?! Also, Duggan is up for a great season. What a player.

Last edited:
He’s been one of the best on the ice tonight. Does everything right in his own zone.
Are you sure you wern't watching Mikkelson, who was absolutely terrific all over the ice. Easily the best player on the ice defensively. Richie was covering for Register again all night. He just looks off the pace.

Very excited about Sandford and Cox. Boy can these boys skate. They are going to be an absolute nightmare for teams in our league this year. Dupont looks really classy, Dixon is a warhorse, Love the edge that McNally brings. He is going to be a horrible POS for other teams to deal with. Carruth, well, what can you say apart from the guy absolutely standing on his head.

Really, really excited to see what this team can do. They haven't even had a fortnight in the country and they just turned over a top European team.

Earnie

They are a team who worked their socks off tonight. Too early and unwise to be critical of anyone. Top Swiss team with four lines and they were never really in it!
Brilliant performance guys - proud of you.

Slartibartfast

What a performance. Every player gave it their all but a few special mentions.
I was a big Bowns fan but Carruth looks like an upgrade.
Sanford and Cox look like they could set the league alight.
Dixon was outstanding as usual
As for Register, I don't understand the comments. He racked up a lot of minutes and looked really good to me.
First line looked much better tonight and the third gave Lausanne some real problems. So pleased to see Duggan score, he deserves a big goal.
If we can play like that with such adversity, what can we do with a full team that has had time to gel.

Jonesy83

what a game…..that was a completely different team that turned up on Thursday, my word, I just wanted us to find the back of the net tonight and by god did we.

That 1st goal was a thing of beauty but that 4th goal was something else, Richie sent the opposition player on holiday and packed his bags for him….unbelievable.

My mind is blown! Unbelievable performance from the boys, thought the defence was spectacular. Made me proper think about the upcoming season and let’s say I’m well excited for it

Mazzoak

See this is what happens when the coach recruits players on knowledge and experience rather than getting out the little black book of friends who can recommend a guy they owe favours too.

This is going to be an interesting season and so far with the limitations, it’s showing signs of being a great start.....

OJLloyd

So being there tonight was fantastic. The atmosphere was so good.
I think a lot of players showed their true capabilities, as opposed to Thursday where we only showed flashes of what we are capable of.
I was sceptical with some of the signings, and I was very wrong. Cox, Sandford, and Lammon have shown I know nothing about hockey - so excited for what they can do this season.
McNally is a horrible player to play against, but I’m also impressed with his skill and hockey IQ.
Duggan and Waller look like they’ve stepped up so much. Absolutely great stuff.
On the D, Mikkelson is exactly what we hoped he’d be.
Register looked a little leggy occasionally, but his hockey IQ is outstanding. I imagine he’ll be up to speed shortly and marrying the two together.
Big up to Zach Sullivan. Zero prep time, took his minutes well and looked good.
But my final word has to go to Richie. What a performance. The man is ageless, but he was probably the best player on the ice tonight. If he had a Canadian passport, he’d be playing in a much higher league. Can’t say how much I enjoyed tonight.

Rempel16

Are you sure you wern't watching Mikkelson, who was absolutely terrific all over the ice. Easily the best player on the ice defensively. Richie was covering for Register again all night. He just looks off the pace.

Very excited about Sandford and Cox. Boy can these boys skate. They are going to be an absolute nightmare for teams in our league this year. Dupont looks really classy, Dixon is a warhorse, Love the edge that McNally brings. He is going to be a horrible POS for other teams to deal with. Carruth, well, what can you say apart from the guy absolutely standing on his head.

Really, really excited to see what this team can do. They haven't even had a fortnight in the country and they just turned over a top European team.
Yes I’m sure. Number 43- led the Devils for ice time too.Looking forward to see his offense as he’s not known for his defence (which is very good based on tonight’s performance).

Mikkelson has clear quality, although I actually thought he played better on Thursday.

See this is what happens when the coach recruits players on knowledge and experience rather than getting out the little black book of friends who can recommend a guy they owe favours too.

This is going to be an interesting season and so far with the limitations, it’s showing signs of being a great start.....
Yeah they were all terrible players that brought us nothing but failure.................oh wait.......

OJLloyd

So being there tonight was fantastic. The atmosphere was so good.
I think a lot of players showed their true capabilities, as opposed to Thursday where we only showed flashes of what we are capable of.
I was sceptical with some of the signings, and I was very wrong. Cox, Sandford, and Lammon have shown I know nothing about hockey - so excited for what they can do this season.
McNally is a horrible player to play against, but I’m also impressed with his skill and hockey IQ.
Duggan and Waller look like they’ve stepped up so much. Absolutely great stuff.
On the D, Mikkelson is exactly what we hoped he’d be.
Register looked a little leggy occasionally, but his hockey IQ is outstanding. I imagine he’ll be up to speed shortly and marrying the two together.
Big up to Zach Sullivan. Zero prep time, took his minutes well and looked good.
But my final word has to go to Richie. What a performance. The man is ageless, but he was probably the best player on the ice tonight. If he had a Canadian passport, he’d be playing in a much higher league. Can’t say how much I enjoyed tonight.
Just saw Register played half an hour: leggy now makes sense. Comment withdrawn.

august04 2.0

Unlike previous CHL campaigns, where we have competed well, I have no expectations whatsoever tonight with the hand we have been dealt.
A goal or two would be nice but I expect a heavy defeat again.
Given the adversity, I just did not see that coming. Surely, given the quality of opposition and all the problems we've had, that must rank as one of our greatest ever victories. A stunning performance from the whole team and in Mac Carruth, we have got a goalie who is absolute box office. Well played Devils, I think we've raised a few eyebrows across the CHL tonight.

ASHIPP

Tonight is why I'm desperate for the worst of covid and restrictions are behind us. Pure unadulterated joy. That was unbelievable good for the soul! Have to admit I was a little worried after Thursday. What a difference a few days makes. Cox was a beast, Sandford unplayable and Carruth is clearly insane (watch his warm up. The man is mad). He'll be a cult hero. Had so much fun. Who knew Todd could coach?! Also, Duggan is up for a great season. What a player.
IIRC didn't Todd do some coaching during his years with the Giants? Genius motivator.

Some of those bad mouthing fans over on the Cage are eating a bit of humble pie tonight over this result! It's a tremendous team performance in adversity..... the Guys will be high on adrenaline and motivated now for the next instalment of games.