Devils Vs MKL - 25 Nov 18 - League

mjh

Can’t afford to be falling further behind Belfast...they seem unstoppable at the moment. Even after getting through the slump we haven’t hit the heights of earlier performances as of yet. I think that’s 3 OT games we’ve had in just over a week. Shows the strength of the league I guess. Linglet on the other hand is a total machine at the mo.

Bit lost for words! When you consider the previous score against MKL you just have to wonder what isn't right with us the last few weeks. Thet were deserved winners tonight and we just looked so lacklustre. When Hotham announced that he wasn't returning I said it was the news I had dreaded. In my mind we are missing him in all aspects of play, who is going to step up and take the game by the scruff of the neck? Not doubting that we won't come out of this rut, but certainly not Devils hockey at the moment.

RedDevil17

Have to say they deserved their win tonight. Completely outhit us, outplayed us and if I’m honest they would’ve scored more had it not been for Bowns. We can’t afford to be losing against lower half of the table teams considering Belfast won tonight so we’ve slipped further behind. There’s definitely something not right atm! Certain players are underperforming. Hedden isn’t scoring, Pope looks like he simply can’t be arsed and our D is still all over the place. Not acceptable. I expect 100% every week and I’m not seeing that

This team needs to grow a pair and start throwing their weight around and finishing some checks. Tonight showed NA style hockey still has a place in hockey. Can’t blame the refs either, they had a good game. Forwards aren’t clinical enough but Killeen was excellent. If Bowns does get snapped up by an EU team I’d take Killeen. He’s too good for MK

Last edited:

jenks33

That is an awful defeat. I don’t think anybody thought we had completely turned the corner but we’ve just gone two steps backwards. Let’s be honest MK are going through a very tough time and they shouldn’t have really been able to cope with us tonight. I don’t doubt our quality but I bet Lordo is questioning the desire of some of his team tonight. It’s not in his nature to gas a player but it wouldn’t surprise me if something happens this week

Yes a long way to go and plenty of hockey still to play. But it is the manner in which we are playing that concerns me, I will accept defeat if we are giving our all. For me, some are not, for whatever the reason and that is so frustrating.

not clinical enough
again some players not looking like they are giving their all
couple of players in my opinion are not good enough or quick enough
if we have a room full of leaders.....Will one of them stand up and be counted cause not enough of them are.

and will someone tell why the hell Mo was on the ice in OT ...that goal came from him not sticking to his player....the one thing you can't do on a 3v3 is lose your player....

beyond frustrated with the team this season

jenks33

Yes a long way to go and plenty of hockey still to play. But it is the manner in which we are playing that concerns me, I will accept defeat if we are giving our all. For me, some are not, for whatever the reason and that is so frustrating.
That’s the thing. You can accept a defeat if the players have put in a shift. The Nottingham OT win for example, if we went on to lose that it would have been disappointing but I wouldn’t have questioned the effort. Several of our players turned up tonight and thought they could coast because it was MK. We’re nowhere near good enough at the moment to think we’ll steamroll anybody!

august04

No complaints from me tonight, I thought MK deserved the win. Despite heavily outshooting them in the first couple of periods, I thought they created the better quality chances and Bowns made 4 or 5 top saves in the first period alone. There were spells when they were skating rings around us with barely a finger laid on them. As well as working their nuts off and playing some good stuff, they didn’t shy away from hitting us around either. A pretty lame performance from the Devils tonight, we looked all over the place at times. At least we got a point.

Last edited:

zoesdevil

Have to say they deserved their win tonight. Completely outhit us, outplayed us and if I’m honest they would’ve scored more had it not been for Bowns. We can’t afford to be losing against lower half of the table teams considering Belfast won tonight so we’ve slipped further behind. There’s definitely something not right atm! Certain players are underperforming. Hedden isn’t scoring, Pope looks like he simply can’t be arsed and our D is still all over the place. Not acceptable. I expect 100% every week and I’m not seeing that

This team needs to grow a pair and start throwing their weight around and finishing some checks. Tonight showed NA style hockey still has a place in hockey. Can’t blame the refs either, they had a good game. Forwards aren’t clinical enough but Killeen was excellent. If Bowns does get snapped up by an EU team I’d take Killeen. He’s too good for MK
Or Owen

Wannabe2

That was a poor day at the office tonight, take nothing away from MKL they wanted that big time, and guess what they got it. There’s only one team playing really well at the moment, and they are top of the league, and rightly so. It seems like when teams come straight at us we struggle, myself when teams do this I would like us to knock them about a bit, and show them who they are messing with. But we don’t play physical and I think it’s hurting us, the way Belfast are playing at the moment it’s going to be uphill, we have the players to sort this if they all play like they can, but if they don’t it’s going to be a long season. That wasn’t great tonight that’s obvious, and we need step up a gear.

Slartibartfast

That was .a much improved MK team who deserved the win. There is no shame in that loss despite their position in the table. I didn't think we played that bad. Killeen was just stopping everything we threw at him. The game could have gone either way.
However I agree with the comments about a lack of physicality and we gave away two goals by backing off the shooter.

Diafol

Not taking our chances in the second period cost us, especially as we threw the kitchen sink at them at that point.
We suffered for it in the third, it was an uphill battle as soon as MK's first goal went in.
Disappointing doesn't cover it.

Agree about MK looking like a completely different team to the one we hammered not so long ago. They deserved both points.