Devils Vs MKL / MKL Vs Devils - 16 & 17 Feb 19 - League

august04

looks like attempt to injure some of our players judging by pens..thank god no retaliations leading to bans...clutching at straws mk called illegal stick on louis 4 secs left..lol
Game sheet says that but all I saw was his helmet fall off and he carried on playing - and got 2 minutes for illegal equipment I assume.

Slartibartfast

MK were given three 5 on 3s in tonights game. Not sure if it was bad refereeing or Devils being guilt of taking stupid penalties which allowed MK back into the game. The MK camera man has not worked out how to use the zoom feature so it was hard to see. He has enough problems trying to find the puck.

It was a much better performance by the Devils though. MK still looked good and Galakos is an incredible player but our depth and quality sealed it despite the penalties.

Lots of problem with the webcast though. When I reloaded after it hung, up, it went back to the beginning again which is an interesting feature. It crashed again with 30 seconds to go and restarted with 1 min 30 to go which was bizarre.

Diablo3

MK have some real potential in their team. I hope they get the chance next season to build on that base. I have to say where as last nights refs were good, tonight they were awful. They were missing basic stuff from both sides.

It was great to get back and find out Glasgow had won 5-0. So for all those worried by Belfast winning both games this weekend, we would still be a point clear if we win our game in hand.;)

Gazza272

i thought bowns should have saved at least two of those last night. he had a poor night distribution wise imo as well putting an already poorly performing D corps under unneeded pressure.
Glove side anywhere off the ice seems to be a weak area for Ben at this moment. that glove just doesnt get up.

im certainly not one for hammering the net minder every time we conceed. but i also wont be blindly blaming everyone but him.
Which two in particular?

From memory:

1st MK goal - Lovely pass from behind the net which fooled everyone on the ice.

2nd MK goal - 2 on 1 pass accross crease for a tap in.

3rd MK goal - Wallace breakaway with a lovely deak.

4th MK goal, another odd man rush with Norris all alone under no pressure to go bar down

5th goal - Valdix with an accurate top shelf through traffic on the powerplay.

I'm struggling to see what Bowns did wrong?

jimmy snels

Which two in particular?

From memory:

1st MK goal - Lovely pass from behind the net which fooled everyone on the ice.

2nd MK goal - 2 on 1 pass accross crease for a tap in.

3rd MK goal - Wallace breakaway with a lovely deak.

4th MK goal, another odd man rush with Norris all alone under no pressure to go bar down

5th goal - Valdix with an accurate top shelf through traffic on the powerplay.

I'm struggling to see what Bowns did wrong?

i thought he was at fault for the 1st and should do better with 5th. i just watched it back. 1st i still think he was at fault for the 1st. the 5th he doesn't get his glove up but there was a partial screen. the norris goal, again glove side it doesn't get up. There are numerous fans around me who discuss this glove side issue for Ben so its not me picking him apart, just thought he could have done better.
Equally the D were really slack mind, some of it was hideous. but we still won!!! all you can ask for i guess

Last edited:

Gazza272

Didn't want to start new thread but glad Gazza is here, thought there might be illness or other. Missing Sat night.
Haha, well i'm glad someone missed me Rob!

nothing sinister, had tickets bought for me for Christmas for a show in London, from someone who didn't realise they should check the fixture list! ;) So I was double booked.

Made the Game in MK last night though.

T10P

Just watched Sunday’s highlight, can anyone explain why Devil’s potential 7th goal was disallowed? Looks to me that Killeen kicks the net off just as Hedden is clearly going to score.