Devils Vs Panthers - 17 Nov 18 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Devils welcome the Panthers to the bay Saturday night. Both teams although tipped to be table topping have found themselves stuttering over the last few weeks and will be looking to get their season back on track

bb1

Nothing less than a huge performance is expected tonight, especially if the game is a sell out. Need to show that fight in which the Steelers are displaying in their comeback.
C'mon boys!!!

Rob Batch

I'm slightly annoyed that we are taking silly penalties and also the Panthers are not respecting my scoreline prediction. I will revise it to a Devils win 5-2, that's my final offer !

Rob Batch

The on-site fans made my day. From the moment Beth sang your anthem, everyone sang with her . You were the extra player and it Worked !! The team weren't too bad either.

Devils86

Wasn’t perfect but far far better. Bodies on the line at times and a great Faryna performance.

Panthers looked dangerous for long periods and always looked like scoring on the breakaway - Bowns had a great game even if he may want the second back.

Plenty of times we lacked someone in front of net - could have been a win in regulation.

Important thing tonight was the win and a bit of fight: delivered!

mjh

First period thought we were quite strong. To be honest the rest of the game I thought you could see a lack of confidence in the team. Bownsy kept us in it for most of the third. Great to see Duggan get his first goal and Batch played well too. Great to see the team take the OT win. Now we’re back on track!

august04

That was a much better performance and we really needed that win. Good goaltending from both keepers and a tough, physical battle at times. Couldn’t fault the effort from the Devils tonight. A tremendous boost having Faryna back but he does worry me - first game back after injury and he’s hitting everything and fighting Lepine! No wonder he’s so popular here, hopefully he stays fit now. Great to see Myers getting a regular shift too, we just weren’t the same team with him sat on the bench. I still think we need another D man to come in, but a much improved game from the Devils tonight.