Devils Vs Panthers - League - 29th Jan 22

Samael

Could you imagine if it came down to the last weekend and the Steelers choked it? ;-)
Their last two games in April are at home against Belfast, so it's a possibility. As much as l'd love to see them choke right at the end l don't want to see Belfast win the league this year by winning those last games unless the Yorkies choking means we go top. Belfast won't do us any favours though l'm sure.

jenks33

The points difference after the weekend is more important than total points. For example, if we get 2 points from a win and a loss, I would take that. But if we get 2 points from two overtime losses, then Belfast ends up with 4 points.

I think if we can come away with one win, however it comes, that keeps us in it. There's enough hockey yet to be played that they're both not absolute must wins. Would be delighted with 3 points, and would take a split weekend too.
Yeah I think a win and a loss will keep us in it. Three points would be excellent

SteveKing

I hate to say it but the chemistry on the Inferno right now is a shambles! Who owns this forum? How come they’re not making some changes when things are so obviously wrong? The Inferno has fans that were brought in to be positive being negative and then we’ve got perennially negative posters all of a sudden being positive. Recruiting for this board has completely missed the mark!!!

LOL. I owed you all that!

Seriously though, there’s no question that some of the changes on and off the ice have been immense but it’s also the normal ebbs and flows of sports that hits every team almost every year. it’s hard to not get so low in the down times and we also need to temper ourselves (just a little!) when everything seems perfect.

We have never lowered our sights from winning the league and I still think we can do it but the bigger thing during this crazy time in the world is having a team to be passionate about and distract us from all the BS. So for that, I’m very happy because personally I can’t wait to watch their next games.

Now continue on with your previously scheduled programmin!

JC23

I hate to say it but the chemistry on the Inferno right now is a shambles! Who owns this forum? How come they’re not making some changes when things are so obviously wrong? The Inferno has fans that were brought in to be positive being negative and then we’ve got perennially negative posters all of a sudden being positive. Recruiting for this board has completely missed the mark!!!

LOL. I owed you all that!

Seriously though, there’s no question that some of the changes on and off the ice have been immense but it’s also the normal ebbs and flows of sports that hits every team almost every year. it’s hard to not get so low in the down times and we also need to temper ourselves (just a little!) when everything seems perfect.

We have never lowered our sights from winning the league and I still think we can do it but the bigger thing during this crazy time in the world is having a team to be passionate about and distract us from all the BS. So for that, I’m very happy because personally I can’t wait to watch their next games.

Now continue on with your previously scheduled programmin!
I fucking love this guy

Slartibartfast

Mazzoak. Is arguing with people just a hobby or have you turned professional?

Love the post from Steve King. Whatever happens with the league Im just happy to be entertained and recent games have been some of the most entertaining in a long time.

E.D.S.

Good to read that the owners have “never lowered their sights from the league” despite some bizarre claims that they’d written it off before we’d even started but I agree with you…. the hockey, lately, is pure entertainments. Joy to watch

Mazzoak

Mazzoak. Is arguing with people just a hobby or have you turned professional?

Love the post from Steve King. Whatever happens with the league Im just happy to be entertained and recent games have been some of the most entertaining in a long time.
I‘m not arguing with anyone, I’m expressing an opinion.

Mazzoak

Good to read that the owners have “never lowered their sights from the league” despite some bizarre claims that they’d written it off before we’d even started but I agree with you…. the hockey, lately, is pure entertainments. Joy to watch
As the owners said “its a gamble“ at the beginning of the season, no mention of them recruiting a championship winning team this season. Do you actually now believe this is a team that started the season with their sights on winning the league, really, honestly, of course not, you stated it several times a day over the course of six weeks ;)
As a fan l never lowered my sights, l always aim to watch a league winning team, you did though, didn’t you......

E.D.S.

Am I right in saying that there were five Brits on the ice for one of the goals??
Then four on the ice for the other. That’s impressive.
Sanford’s goal was something else as well.

pjj365

Am I right in saying that there were five Brits on the ice for one of the goals??
Then four on the ice for the other. That’s impressive.
Sanford’s goal was something else as well.
First two goals 1 GB goal 4 GB assist, 4th goal GB goal 1 GB assist
12 players involved in all goals 7 GB players involved

voth26

you are talking a load of shit mate the team was shit earlier on this season and everyone could see that but the coach has turned it around and the team looks and are playing great hockey now, maybe you should go into hibernation you low life , every one is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine !
Wow sorry mate but your way out line with your replies to Devil94, absolutely no need for that at all

you are talking a load of shit mate the team was shit earlier on this season and everyone could see that but the coach has turned it around and the team looks and are playing great hockey now, maybe you should go into hibernation you low life , every one is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine !
Blah blah blah ! Just keep your opinions to yourself especially if they’re aggressive ones

Swarley

Its a distant possibly that both giants and Steelers could hit a bad run of form at some point, just something to be mindful of I think
Belfast and steelers are definitely due a bad run but I think steelers skipped it with the help of deluca and his performance enhancing tactics lol