Devils Vs Panthers - League - 30th Oct 2021

jenks33

We don’t have a plan B unfortunately. The style of play is very run and gun, but with Reid neutralised we don’t have a ‘gun’.

And we are chasing shadows in the defensive zone most of the time.
I’m not watching tonight but hopefully this is an eye opener for a few people. Clearly there’s no disgrace in losing to a full strength Panthers team but they were seriously depleted tonight. Not just depleted, seriously depleted. They weren’t just missing fringe players they were missing crucial players. They went into the third period with 14 out skaters and two of those were kids! I’d be less concerned if we lost 4-3 or 5-4 but we didn’t even score a goal! Thats worrying. Its very poor against the team we were facing tonight. They even outshot us 37-29.

For me it depends what Steve and the other owners want out of this season. If they’re hoping we can maybe win the CC or the play offs and finish 3rd or 4th in the league then we can achieve that. And I don’t necessarily blame them If that’s their thinking after the financial strain of Covid. If they’re hoping this team will win the league though then in my opinion it’s not going to happen. I’m not saying we need drastic changes but unless a proven goalscorer is added to this team then we will not win the league. 100%

jenks33

Carruth smashed his stick to bits at he end and walked straight down tunnel after m.o.m presentations,
He’s probably had enough of giving us a chance to win games every night but having to watch teammates at the other end of the ice under perform. As I said last night if anything happens to Reid then god help us

Kevin roog

He’s probably had enough of giving us a chance to win games every night but having to watch teammates at the other end of the ice under perform. As I said last night if anything happens to Reid then god help us
I think he was frustrated at how easy the panther player got in on goal, mikkelson skated like he was 100 years old

Complete utter shambles that whole game. The whole game just had a weird vibe from the get go. Don’t get me wrong Carr was on form tonight in goal for the panthers but we were unlucky to not score 1 or 2.
Just a shame it was a crap game for us really.

What did crandell or lammon bring tonight? O'connor is a total liability, Duggan looked better last year and all Davies does is skate nicely. Awful awful performance.

jenks33

What did crandell or lammon bring tonight? O'connor is a total liability, Duggan looked better last year and all Davies does is skate nicely. Awful awful performance.
I’d be worried if I was Lammon. If they do look at making a change then I’ve got a feeling he’s a likely candidate. I don’t think we will gas anyone as it’s not in our nature but if we do I think he’s a possibility.

kingmo19.1

I’d be worried if I was Lammon. If they do look at making a change then I’ve got a feeling he’s a likely candidate. I don’t think we will gas anyone as it’s not in our nature but if we do I think he’s a possibility.
I was thinking about that philosophy the other night …. Do you think that call would be down to Kelman/Owners or Skalde ?

Hedd Wyn John

Devils looked very poor tonight. Register looked very sluggish. O'connor was not at the races & gifted an easy goal. Dump and chase lose the puck dump and chase lose the puck. The Devils looked lethargic all night and only picked up the pace when they were chasing the game. Simply not good enough. Panthers as I predicted would play a strong defensive game and the Devils had no answer. It looks like if you neutralise Reid from scoring then the Devils have no other scorers.

He looks lost out there, lightweight when he goes to the boards, back to goal when near the crease, no threat at all. Dupont hasn't been great but he's probably the best player we have against the boards

jenks33

I was thinking about that philosophy the other night …. Do you think that call would be down to Kelman/Owners or Skalde ?
I think it comes from the owners personally. I’ve heard Steve King say several times that releasing players during the season just doesn’t sit well with him. Having said that if Kelman or Skalde told him they wanted to release a player I don’t think Steve would say no. I just think Todd knows that Steve doesn’t agree with it

Mazzoak

Looks like the real sports fans are a bit disgruntled tonight, they really should stop going to games until we starting winning every game............

august04 2.0

That was the worst performance of the season for me. We could carry on playing until tomorrow and still not look like scoring. I’ve been positive about this team generally so far this season, apart from Brodie DuPont, but that was terrible tonight. No wonder Carruth was annoyed, he deserved better than what was in front of him. It's been said by several on here that we don’t have enough goals in this team and the lack of firepower support for Brodie Reid is starting to bite now. We utterly failed to recruit any sort of decent replacement for Joey Martin, and I don’t know how we're going to find one now (although Sointu has come in and scored plenty). Never mind this “we don’t cut players” crap - if players aren't performing, then pack your bags. Or it’s going to be a long, hard season.