Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

There areloads of seats left which is a shame. I think we need to start the CHL as loud as possible. Hopefully it will be a good game and enough for us to keep spirits up going forward!

OJLloyd

Early games always suffer from the same issues - CHL in particular are weeknight games and still in the school holidays.

People are away, or maybe thinking they’ll get back a bit late on the Thursday night.

I guess there’s also the fact that we went down 10-1 in our first game last season, so people maybe aren’t holding out too much hope for this competition.

It also doesn’t help that we haven’t set the world on fire in preseason (not that I think it’s important) and the latest news being Parisi leaving. Not exactly buzz inducing stuff so far.

Just in case someone reads this who is unsure about going Thursday, I was at every CHL home game and last year and they were amongst the most exciting hockey games I’ve ever watched. Highly recommend

solelace84

I think the multitude of injuries, the Parisi abandonment and the car park thefts have left morale a little low among the fan base late this off-season. I think it has all left a number of fans feeling a little pessimistic about our CHL campaign.

A real shame, because the CHL games were awesome last season!

I think the multitude of injuries, the Parisi abandonment and the car park thefts have left morale a little low among the fan base late this off-season. I think it has all left a number of fans feeling a little pessimistic about our CHL campaign.

A real shame, because the CHL games were awesome last season!
What car park thefts? I've missed something!

Jonesy83

Truth be told I’m undecided whether or not to attend this game.

£56 for myself / partner & 2 kids to attend.

The rush from Work to get down to Cardiff / park etc

And I’m not feeling particularly confident about the sort of performance we are going to put in.

Player like Myers / Faryna / Linglet have zero or next to no game time. Are these guys even playing tomorrow?

Also it’s being shown on Freesport.

I went to every CHL Home game last season and they were fantastic due to the performance we put in.

I’ve got my tickets already booked for Saturday but I’m not sure if I want to fork out £56 twice. I’ll probably decided last minute tomorrow.

I really wish they would bring back the family ticket package they use to have in the BBT, especially for games like this.

I'm bringing my American friend to the game, his first taste of British/European hockey. I'm giving Saturday a miss as I've I'm keeping funds for the two road games next week.

Any news on Myers and Linglet?

trapped

We attended the weekend CHL games last year and the two wins over Vaxjo and Davos were exceptional games of hockey and great atmospheres. The standard was exceptional and I'll be going again on Saturday. I live away from Cardiff these days, so its not practical to make a mid week fixture, unfortunately. I'll be watching on Freesport/online via the CHL website.

Hedd Wyn John

I bought the 7 ticket deal so I’m deffo coming tomorrow. I love CHL hockey, the speed and the skill is excellent to watch. I saw all the home CHL games last year and I love it every minute of it. Shame about the attendance but there’s a few factors behind that.

DevilDom

I’ve been mulling over whether to go to this game and the one on Saturday but just booked tickets for Thursday and will see how it goes before I decide about Saturday. It’s a shame the ticket price is quite high with the games being on TV but the atmosphere at the home games along with the standard of hockey was fantastic last year.

I know there was a deal for the preseason games and CHL games but as with a lot of people I was busy over the summer and would have missed at least 2 games so that wasn’t practical. I think I a deal on the 3 CHL games separate to the preseason games which in my opinion were overpriced would have been better.

Doubt he will be here tomorrow but Matt stajan has just signed for Salzburg!! Proves how there team budget compares to ours lol.

Used to love him at the leafs back many years ago.